FCC Angkor
US$64
US$47
US$52
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$72
US$134
US$108
US$264
US$130
US$165
  • Pool
All reviewsfcc restauranttuk tukroyal residencesliding doorcomplimentary foot massagepub streetboutique hotelsaltwater poolphnom penhtour guideold marketlovely poolan oasisafter a long daycentre of townspaprivacy
Reviewed 17 February 2018

FCC hotel is the best hotel among the hotels which i lived.The architecture the environment realky amazed me.It's very quiet and beautiful.The things in the hotel are all in high quality.If i will go there again,i will certainly live there for one or two days.

Room Tip: Some problem is that the receptionist can not find my booking earlier but it is solved later and I booked the room for two beds but they gave me the room for one bed.The last one is that thete are many mosquitoes,it really effect the life here.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank WUFUJUN
Reviewed 13 February 2018

This was my last stop on my tour around Cambodia and all my other hotels had been lovely. I booked this hotel as I liked the look and sound of it, old colonial style as opposed to big and modern. It was my last hotel and I was here the longest and was quite disappointed, especially seeing all the other hotels on offer I could have picked.

The reception is at the back of the hotel and quite small. The check in receptionist was friendly and served me quickly after dealing with another customer.

As soon as the door to the room was opened I was disappointed at how dark it was and quite small and I knew then I wasn't happy. The bed was quite big and reasonably comfortable but the first night I only had a sheet and had to turn off the a/c as I was freezing. After that I had a quilt on the bed and was ok. There was a tv in the room with not too many English channels so I didn't bother watching. The lighting in the room was up near the ceiling covered by a plinth, therefore, it only lit up the ceiling. There were two bedside lights but they were quite dull and a desk light. I found this dull lighting a problem. The curtains couldn't be opened as anyone walking past the room would be able to see in and the dresser was in the way. They only opened as far as the door opening.

The bathroom was a fair size with the wardrobe and cupboard space and a bath with shower. However, the bath was quite awkward for me to get in and out of as I had a bad knee. The wall with the sink on had a mirror all along but this was the only mirror in the room, not one in the bedroom. The hairdryer would not work in the bathroom so I had to dry my hair with a small hand mirror propped up against the tv.

The room on the whole was clean but the light switches, keypad for safe and the wooden rack in the bathroom were grubby.

I also had quite a few mozzies in my room, especially bathroom as when you open the front door to the room they come in as the room faces garden. As the door was a sliding door it wasn't easy to get in quickly.

The pathway to my room also looked as if it needed a good clean with what looked like spills on the floor. I noted that the pathway by the rooms facing the pool looked a lot cleaner.

The pool was nice and quiet but one day the property behind the hotel lit a fire and completely smoked out the hotel grounds so I had to go to my room to avoid choking.

No staff came to the pool area to see if drinks were required so I had to walk round to the front of the hotel to get a drink and when I asked the receptionist to send out a drink to the pool it never turned up.

Breakfast was rather odd, although what I had was nice. There is no buffet whatsoever, everything has to be ordered off the menu but there was no fruit, ham, cheese, etc for a proper continental breakfast. Great cappuccino though.

I did have a snack one evening at the hotel and it was nice.

I enquired about a packed breakfast for an early start one morning but the hotel doesn't do one so I ordered a 4.30am room service breakfast but this arrived with cold coffee and toast that was soggy, so I just grabbed the croissant and left.

The balcony of the hotel for meals is lovely and it is nice to sit and watch the world go by, also the music on two evenings was good.

A nice touch was the free 15 minute foot massage and on the first evening I had cake left in my room. They also come into your room in the evening and put flowers on the bed and tidy the bathroom.

The hotel is a short walk or tuk tuk to Pub Street and the Royal Gardens and a small shopping mall and shops and restaurants.

I did ask to keep my room on my last day as I had a late flight but was asked to pay so I just changed in the spa. Due to my comments on the customer comment form I was offered a free spa treatment and had a massage which was good.

This was the most expensive hotel in all my stay in Cambodia and unfortunately the one I liked and enjoyed the least. I think it was good in its day but is due for renovation and was told it was going to be done later this year. The price should have reflected this.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank lindyloo-2007
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Really nice friendly hotel within easy walking distance of night market in one direction and museum and parks in other.
Had breakfast every day on veranda overlooking the river, always a good start before off to the temples.
Had dinner one evening which was excellent and reasonably priced

Room Tip: Ground floor opening out to pool is best location
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ian_nicholson7
Reviewed 9 February 2018

FCC is located just out of town and easy to walk or just a few minutes in a tuk tuk (2$ for the ride). It is worth it for the peace and tranquillity of the location. The restaurant is good quality and we ate there several times. The breakfast offer included fresh fruit and natural yogurt as well as eggs and omelette- all nicely prepared. Coffee was fairly good and unlimited. The banana bread is a special treat. At the front is a bar with a happy' hour' between 5pm and 7 each evening- excellent G and T. The pool in the inner courtyard of the hotel was a joy in the hot afternoons - long enough to swim a proper length.
Advice on visiting temples was good and room service was excellent -we appreciated the prompt attention to any requests. All in all a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ground level overlooking the courtyard/pool
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank GlinysW
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I absolutely loved this hotel, it had that ‘James bond’ style glamour the rooms and balcony’s were big and airy, the pool was set within a great garden and the food was fantastic. The staff were really helpful, I would definitely come back again,

Room Tip: Loved everything about the room.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo