US$281
US$255
Lotus Blanc Resort(Siem Reap)
US$56
US$49
US$43
  • Breakfast included
US$60
US$53
Agoda.com
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$161
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

US$83
US$73
Okay 1 Villa(Siem Reap)(Great Value!)
US$13
  • Pool
US$185
US$90
US$41
US$40
  • Breakfast included
US$45
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2016

My partner and I visited Siem Reap for 2 days and 1 night while on our travels to Thailand. I suppose the only reason we picked Avallon Boutique and Spa was due to the fact that there was a special offer on and seemed great for only a 1 night stay. Of course we looked at photos first of the rooms before booking and from what we gathered the rooms seemed ok considering the cheap price.

We arrived pretty early in the morning so had asked our tuk tuk driver to take us straight to one of the temples as we were pushed for time and had lots of things that we wanted to see and explore. Driving along our driver had pointed out our hotel and laughed. I have no idea why he laughed at that point, maybe because he knew what we were going to be confronted with once we were inside. Tbf, judging from the outside of the hotel, I was not looking forward to seeing the inside, the roof looked like it was ready to collapse. I do have to mention though that the staff were great when checking us in and showing us to our room.

After a long, very hot day, exploring the country and taking many beautiful pictures of the fascinating temples near by, I couldn't wait to get into the hotel and shower off the sweat of the day and the dirt on my feet and sleep, unfortunately my restful now turn't into an awful nights rest. Upon opening the door to our room, my partner and I were left disappointed. Although the room was clean, the room looked nothing like the pictures.

We encountered many problems with our room and they are :-

- the light was so dull we had to use our phones to look for things in our bags
- the toilet leaked very slowly so while your pants/shorts were on the floor they would get wet
- The tap water smelt SO bad and felt dirty afterwards
- the AC felt like it just pushed more hot air around the room, it made sleeping so difficult
- the bed felt as though it was made of concrete
- the tv in our room didn't work, when I asked about it they told me that it was due to a storm the night before... but they were watching THEIR TV while talking to me!
- you could hear the traffic throughout the night as the balcony door had a big gap down the middle
- as for the shower, the drainage hole was rusty and dirty and after the tap water we felt we was better going 1 night without!

We also didn't like the fact that when going out for the evening, you have to leave your room key with reception, this I wasn't very comfortable with, especially because the room doesn't have a safe for your valuable items. As it is their policy, we then hid our bags in the corner with a few "traps" and then took a picture to compare if anything had been moved upon arriving back in the evening.

It was our first and last visit to Cambodia so i can't compare to any other local hotels but I can compare to other asian hotels and in my opinion it doesn't come close, at least not for a long stay, one night was bearable. If you don't mind the simplicity and are used to hotels like this then this is for you, but for us, NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
GUYOMARCH, Owner at Avallon Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

I was on holidays in july and august so i don't know all the details concerning your stay. Here are my answers to your nice comments :
First of all you did not ask for our FREE pick up service. You preferred to pay an outside tuk tuk working certainly working for another hotel if he gave you this type of informations.
Secondly we don't have a roof but a terrace so i don't understand.
Thirdly if you have any problem with your room just ask the staff for a new one until the problem is solved. This is what all normal people do. You will then get a better one.July is part of is low season for us so we work with reduced staff and maintenance but this does not mean no maintenance.
Leaving the key at the reception is to avoid to lose it as this happens a lot of time.
Your last comment on safety and taking a picture of your bags shows a little of paranoiac behaviour. In three years you can't find on internet one review saying that somebody lost something in our hotel.
Paranoia is maybe the reason why you have so many negative things happening to you every day. Try to cool down you will feel better.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the staff here were amazing. Polite, friendly & helpful, they were great. We booked a cheap tour to Ankor and the temples through the same tuk tuk driver that operated out of the hotel and used him whenever we went into town and gave us a great price at the end of our stay.

That said, the room and hotel itself has clearly not been looked after. While spacious and with a balcony, our room was dirty and felt uncomfortable. This could have been due to the severely underpowered (or broken) air conditioner, or the fact that the bathroom/toilet didn't drain well and was constantly wet. I understand that this is a cheap hotel, however we are currently staying at a similarly priced hotel in Thailand that is leaps and bounds better than Avallon. We were never looking for luxury, but having a dirty, hot room made it hard to "switch off" after a long day.

Had it have not been for the staff, we probably would have looked for another place to stay and our rating would have been lower.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple

Concerning the room why you did not ask the staff to change room ? They would have upgraded you for free. July is part of low season for us and our hotel was far to be full.
Sorry for not have been there and thanks for the staff.

Patrick GUYOMARCH

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Very nice clean cheap hotel. The owner is a very nice French man. He now a lot of his place and near his place. so don't forget to ask him what you can do near his hotel. I stay here with my wife child and a friend in wheel chair. i forgot to ask or there een lift. No lift but super friendly people. The told no problem we bring you every time upstairs. It was a little bit difficult but it was possible and a very nice stay for two days with an visit Wat Angkor. take a taxi to other places there many beautiful places out of wat Angkor.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Me and my partner visited Siem Reap for 2 days and 1 night. We picked Avallon Boutique and Spa as there was a special offer going, we didn't have much money to spend and it looked okay in most of the photos. When we arrived in SR we asked our driver to take us straight to one of the temples as we were short on time, we happened to drive past the hotel and he slowed down, pointed then turned and laughed 'there's your new home hahaha' then we sped off... the roof looked like it was about to collapse and the outside looked quite run down.

When we returned in the evening to check in the lights in reception were off and there was no air con, the decor etc was quite nice and it looked clean enough. The guy at reception was friendly and showed us up to our room. We opened the door and we both felt the same disappointment, although it was clean it just didn't have the same feel that the 'professional photos' gave us, here's why:

- the light was so dull we found ourselves using our phones to look for things in our bags
- the toilet leaked very slowly so if you sat down for a while you would pull up wet shorts
- when i washed my hands the tap water smelt SO bad and felt dirty afterwards
- the bed felt as though it was made of concrete
- the shower... after the tap water we felt better going 1 night without!

It was our first and last visit to Cambodia so i can't compare to any other local hotels but I can compare to other asian hotels and in my opinion it doesn't come close, at least not for a long stay, one night was bearable, just. One other negative was that whenever you go out of the hotel you must leave your key with reception, this made us feel quite nervous as there were 5 or 6 locals sitting around doing nothing but watch us walk in and out.

If you're looking to spend a few days in Siem Reap and you're not a back packer, my advice would be to avoid this place for somewhere more comfortable and just a few quid more.

Room Tip: Avoid room 102
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple

SAME REVIEW AS THE ONE CALLED ''Never again"
How many negatives reviews using copy and paste operation can be posted on trip advisor for one stay ?
Same people leaving exactly the same comments. Just a copy and paste action this is not acceptable.

Patrick GUYOMARCH

Reviewed 17 April 2016

I stayed at Avallon for a full period of Khmer New 2016 with a group of my close friends. Everything is good, and I really enjoyed staying here. The young girl receptionist which standby 2 shifts by herself, she is really helpful and assists all what we requests. The rooms are cleaned and neat with reasonable prices, one more the location is close to Angkor Wat ; just take several minutes. Easy to tell Tuk Tuk where the Avallon is, in front of Siem Reap Cinema.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends