Villa Um Theara
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewswat bo roadminutes walk to the mainair contuk tukpub streetold marketbudget hotelbed was comfortablelocal currencypool area is lovelythird floortemple tournight buscleaned every dayus dollarsstayed here for three nightsnight market
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely small hotel, but value for budget. Very friendly staff, good location. Small rooms, wi-fi is not strong in the rooms. Plenty of restaurants outside, pub street is in walking distance. Can recline do for budget tourists.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
vut_boutiqueretreat, Owner at Villa Um Theara, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Murad

I am apology for inconvenience of the Wifi as this tropical country always effected once with whether to the internet concoction.

Thank again and we are looking forwards to your next step in Angkor!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Stayed here for three nights and had three rooms. Arrived in the afternoon and the checkin was seamless. The rooms were spacious and very clean. They had a balcony on our floor with sofas which we occupied all days in the evening till late night without any complaints. The pool was good especially because they let us use it in the evening till 8 PM which was a respite after long days at Angkor. They always had our breakfast packed at 5:30 AM and made sure we took them with us each day with plenty of water as well. There are many restaurants near by and the pub street and night market around 15 mins by walk or $2 by tuk-tuk. The staff was very friendly and helped us with good restaurants, tuk-tuks and local fruits etc. Overall it was a very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We were at the first floor which was good.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank shubh_9211

Dear Shubh

Thank for your sweet commend, me and my teams are pleased to thank for your chooses to stayed at VUT and nice to hear that you had enjoyed your stayed with us. Looking forwards to your next step in Angkor!

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Nice complex, has a pool, restaurant&bar. Only drawback is that the bar is opened till 10 PM. Great value for money, you can pay in US dollars or local currency, 5 minute walk to the night market, or a 2 minute drue by tul tuk which is cheap, about 2-3 dollars.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Marijan M

Dear Marijan

Reviewed 6 February 2017

A very nice hotel. The room was clean and spacious, the bathroom was nice. Comfy beds. The pool was amazing, a great place to relax after being at the temples all day. An easy 10 minute walk to the night market and restaurants. Breakfast was adequate. Reception staff were friendly enough. Chet the driver from the hotel who picked us up from the bus stop was amazing and happily toured us around the temples and then back to the airport for a great price! We had no issues and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Therese M

Dear Therese

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

You pay for what you get.
The room is fine but with mosquitoes flying around.
Location: 5 minutes away to the night market / Pub Street with USD2 per tuk tuk ride. Too far to walk for me.
Food: Fine with me. Nothing much to complain about.
Staff: They are genuinely friendly.
The downside: They do not take old crumble notes. Which was very upsetting to me. Money is money, what do you mean you can't take it when it's just crumble?
Such inconvenient for me to pay extra to the money changer to change my USD to fresh slick notes.
Will I stay here again? NO.
I'm sure I can get something better than this with the same price.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family

Dear Joanne

Thank for your value feedback and i am apology for some of inconvenience points, as you know Cambodia is tropical country that mosquito facing in every places and we only recommend our guest to closed the window properly also bank and money changer in Cambodia is restrict on the old crumble notes and they will reduce 10% and it's risky for our staff to accept it.

Thank again for your spending value time and appreciated for your feedback for our improvement.