“Endearing Boutique hotel in Siem Reap”

Baby Elephant Boutique Hotel
Ranked #60 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently, when I was in Siem Reap, I chose to stay at the Baby Elephant for 3 days. I was swept away by its charm.

Initially apprehensive that the location was slightly away from the city center, I found this was no issue at all. Meanwhile, right from the check in to the manner in which they were able to organize my program for the temple visits to helping me decide what to see and do in Siem Reap, I always felt in professional hands. I remember Kim from the Front Office , who very expertly handled all arrangements,provided all options, helped me with a Tuk Tuk and very courteously took care of all the nitty gritty. She organized a Tuk Tuk driven by Mr Sak, who was punctual, efficient and very knowledgeable about the temples and the rest of Siem Reap .

I was taken in by the very "boutique" ambience in adequately provided for rooms, the comfortable common areas and a very dip- worthy swimming pool which I did make the most off. Breakfast was a la carte and I could have my eggs "sunny side up" , exactly as I like them.

What stands out is the warmth, and the courteous attitude of the staff , who go out of the way to make you comfortable. I found the Managing Partner , Illana, continuously present in the hotel and telling me how as a matter of policy , the hotel recruits, trains and encourages deserving, young Cambodian staff to become employable and proficient in ensuring guest satisfaction.

I certainly enjoyed the ambience and the atmosphere and will make it a point to stay here during future visits to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Choose Rooms in the East Wing Annex - they are quieter!
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank bangaloreman2016

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel staff very friendly but be aware of the mosquito. The rooms are basic but nevertheless ok. Gaps in windows and lots of mosquito in rooms.
My wife had a bad time and many bites.
Food good and pool.
Rooms just need a bit of attention.
Trips brilliant and over all a fab place to visit. Cambodian people are lovely

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank c j a
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel in November and I am only now just getting round to write a review but I wanted to make sure I did.

We had a truly wonderful stay at baby elephant. We got one of the premium rooms and it was worth it. Especially as I fell ill one day was in the hotel all day but I was so comfortable and well looked after by the staff.

The staff are extremely helpful and so hospitable. We booked our Angkor tuk tuk and guide from here.

We felt so relaxed here. The food was incredible too, some of the best in Siem Reap we thought.

Thank you for our wonderful stay!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Adorable and luxurious hotel with spa, restaurant and pool. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The pool was great after a long day at the temples and the food was delicious. The spa was so nice to have right at the hotel! I also spoke with the owner who told me that they are working to give back to the community. I highly recommend this place and hope to go back.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can not add any more than the brilliant reviews of this wonderful oasis. The food is amazing and delicious. The rooms are great.
The staff are just brilliant. From
Being greeted at the gates after a tuk tuk ride with cold towels and refreshing juice to Chenda. Chenda you will find is a gem amongst incredible staff at baby elephant. She is warm, informative, funny and a master cocktail maker. Although she does need to decide on one football team to follow .

This is a place that will ensure I come back to Siem Reap. Well done