This hotel was perfect for us. It's located in the heart of town, more or less, close to markets, fab restaurants, parks and the river. I do not think it is an old building but it has been designed to reflect 1930s style French colonial architecture. It's working and serves as the perfect complement to the exotic and romantic Angkor ruins! Nearly 15 years ago, I had stayed in the marvellous Grand Hotel d'Angkor but did not feel the need to stay there this time. During the hot (low) season, we were able to secure an attractive rate at the Victoria Angkor which also was a plus. Compared with six star hotels in Hong Kong, I would place this property at 4 - 4.5 stars, but I enjoyed it much more than some of Hong Kong's finest hotels. We had four nights in Siem Reap and approached the ruins in a leisurely fashion with a 2-3 day park pass. We followed everyone's advice and returned to the hotel at midday for a swim, lunch and nap before heading back out! Our room was on the 2nd floor (ie third floor) with a beautiful balcony and view of the pool. We did not mind taking the stairs down and taking the 'slow' lift up (vintage elevator). Of course we were not part of a 30-person tour disembarking the bus all at one time and trying to cram in the lift! We have lived in Asia for over 25 years and have stayed at beautiful hotels across the region, but I must say this buffet breakfast was one of our favorites. Delicious local and western selections and a great variety. One of the best things about the hotel was the quality of service -- the Cambodian people....kind, gracious, polite, professional, always smiling. It was a nice touch to have the GM at the front entrance when we arrived from the airport. The hotel also arranged our guide and driver for our tours; we opted for air conditioned SUV vs the charming tuk tuk. We will definitely return to this hotel. Love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, characterized by its typical colonial architecture, features 130 rooms overlooking the salted swimming pool and its tropical garden, or the magnificent Royal Garden. The 10 suites of 73m2 are each one decorated in its proper style. They offer the comfort of a living room, an outside terrace, a king size bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separated shower. The Deluxe Room of 38m2, overlooking the pool, and Superior, with a view on the Royal Garden, can be chosen with a king size or a twin bed. Meeting place for local artists, retreat for diplomats, nature lovers, writers, romantic tourists or nostalgic from a dream time, the Victoria Angkor is an arty and authentic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Fastbooking so you can book your Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Angkor Resort And Spa
- Victoria Angkor Hotel Siem Reap