1,908 results
All reviews elephant bar cabana suite apsara terrace landmark room angkor wat main building colonial style modern amenities huge pool breakfast buffet phnom penh cold towels wonderful hotel tour guide tuk tuk welcome drink an oasis
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Facilities of hotel are good, and It's very close to (PREAH ANG CHEK PREAH ANG CHOM), but it could be better if the TV has more channels, there is no international news channels, It was kind of boring when you come back at night in hotel after a day trip, apparently the hotel's guests are mostly from China because those are a lot of Chinese channels.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Raffles_SR, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear jamie s,

Thank you very much for sharing your constructive comments. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and rest assured that improvements in our hotel entertainment services are in progress.

We hope that despite the inconvenience, you had a wonderful stay experience in our heritage hotel.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

We actually booked a garden view room instead of a pool view because typically pool view rooms are noisier from our experience from making beach holiday.

It turned out for city holiday, this is the opposite. We booked a landmark room in the heritage building and the room was really nice and spacious but I could hear the traffic noises from the balcony though. It overlooks indeed a garden which is owned by the hotel but it is more of a street view than a garden view.

We immediately brought this up to our butler and he suggested to change the room for us. So we took a pool view room instead.

It was so much better. And so, begin our holiday in Siem Reap :).

The hotel offers a lot of activities which we could book through the stay. We actually booked a half day tour of the temple with a guide and changed it to a full day on day itself. It was very easy and flexible.

It was a hassle free tour with the hotel car and a tour guide.
Other than the temple tour, we also booked a monk blessing ceremony which took about 20 -30 minutes. It was very personal as there was just two of us. Our guide from the hotel also guided us through the whole ceremony. It was also a nice gesture of the hotel to present the monk with a small gift on our behalf after the blessing.

I would say the service is very thoughtful and great.

Breakfast was always a delight for us. The food quality was absolutely great. I would start off with a beef soup in the morning and end my breakfast with a crepe full of Nutella spread.

I believed the breakfast buffet came with champagne but I just didn't feel like drinking so early in the morning. Can't say for the rest of the guests though.

We also tried the afternoon English classic high tea in the lounge. The dishes were simple and well prepared. Service was again very attentive. They always made sure to fill our coffee cup when it was empty.

For dinner I would certainly recommend dining at Le Grand. I believe I had a seared beef tenderloin with peanut sauce done the traditional Khmer way. It was very delicious. I wanted to try the Loc Lak which was also highly recommended but I already had it the night before in another restaurant so I tried another dish instead.

Pool is very clean and long enough for an nice lap swim.
I tried the Spa massages 2 times at the hotel. It was excellent. Price is in my point of view worth it as it is done in the hotel instead of outside where you would later be returning back to the hotel in a tuk-tuk driving under the hot sun and through the dust.

The service at Raffles is really great. I read some reviews here that the staff could be rather "overwhelming" as they would greet you constantly or asked about your day.

I take it in a positive stride. I didn't mind the asking or the warm greetings. It somehow brings across a positive energy. I enjoyed chatting with the staff. They seemed happy to be working at Raffles. Many of them are with the hotel for over 5 or even 10 years.

As a guest, when you know the staff is very long with the hotel, doesn't it make you feel good to stay too? Well it does for us.

Room Tip: Pool view room is nice
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ToufuLEE
Raffles_SR, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear ToufuLEE,

Warm greetings from Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are glad that you had such unforgettable and pleasurable stay, and from these experience came inspiring and blissful memories to reminisce.

We hope that this experience would become the motivation for a return visit in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

in the hotel i and my friend can not see the BBC and CNN. i think these two channels is inportant. i always see the channel . i think the hotel should solve the problem. the others is ok. the food and swimming.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank 736,741,549

Dear 736741549,

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Can't say enough about Grand Raffles. The suites / rooms, the delicious cuisine, the beautiful facilities and friendly and professional staff are all first rate. Raffles exceeded my expectations. I will be back at Raffles the next time I'm back in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Todd I
Raffles_SR, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear Todd I,

Warm greetings from Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.

We are humbled by your awe-inspiring and complimentary words relating your Raffles stay experience in Siem Reap. We are glad that our colonial oasis had become your haven and home away from home, and we hope that we have provided you wonderful and unforgettable memories of your journey to Angkor.

Rest assured that your kind words will be shared with our entire team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Checked out yesterday and are missing it already. Lovely, elegant and well located hotel with exceptional service. Our breakfast waiter, Vorn-Navy was particularly attentive and went out of his way to ensure our breakfast experience was something special each day.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Raffles_SR, General Manager at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Jackainsile,

Warm greetings from Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our colonial oasis and thank you very much for sharing your inspiring feedback on your stay. Rest assured that your compliments will be shared with our team, most especially with Mr. Navy Vorn, who exceptionally provided a wonderful breakfast experience for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.