Angkor Safari Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
City River Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop pooltwo bedroom apartmentpub streetold markettuk tukshort walkperfect locationthe hotel staffvisiting siem reapstayed here for nightsair conretreatguidedollarssunriseangkor
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Management of this hotel has hit rock bottom.

After staying at Karavansara 4-5 times in the past 2 years including with my staff, I thought it was a sure bet. I booked a deluxe double online - one of the cute rooms with ver comfortable bed and private courtyard, expecting a relaxing place to work for a few days.

I arrived from 9pm flight to be offered a much more basic twin room. The next day I went back to speak to the manager, they told me they did have my room available the previous night, but they were holding it for a friend of the manager who didnt arrive. They would not organise a refund.

Moral of the story: It looks nice and well priced... but if you want the room you booked, go somewhere else. Standards have dropped!!!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel after looking at the pictures thinking the hotel was great value for money, not only was it not but the cleaner of the hotel stole money from my room with clear evidence they didn’t do anything about it !!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel was a perfect stay for us and value for money. We had a spaceous room, nice and large bed. Completely clean. Decent pool area to get cooled off, we enjoyed. Location perfect, close to market and with good restaurants nearby. Also for us brilliant breakfast in neighbour cafe. We did not go with own hotel breakfast. All in all the hotel did not really seem to offer good selections of food, but I wouldn't know for sure. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

In the pictures it looks bright and shiny. In reality it's dark and moldy.

We got 2 rooms and in both the smell of mold was so profound that our clothes got it and needed 2 washings to take it out. One of the rooms had one tiny window that could be opened only by half, so no chance that the mould smell would go away. The bathrooms have no door, only a dirty curtain, so all the dampness evaporates in the room creating the mold smell and bad dampy air.

Once I suppose the hotel was great, but that was a long time ago. The only good things now were location, laundry service and the nice staff. Absolutely not enough to make for a pleasant stay though.

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to go there, then book a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We staid three days on this hotel and not once a house keeping visited. They cleaned other rooms but not ours. Also there was a big construction so the pool was of limits. We barely saw the staff and it seemed like they didn't want to see us. The room was pretty but I wasn't happy to find some rat poison on the closet..

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple