“"Take Time to be Happy!"”
Review of Angkor Empire Tour

Angkor Empire Tour
Ranked #211 of 891 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Khmer civilization inhabiting the Angkor region was one of the most remarkable to flourish in South East Asia. From the 8th to the 13th centuries a succession of Hindu and Buddhist kings built over 2,000 ancient temple throughout the country . However most of tourists are always mentioned Angkor Wat, as the greatest wonders of the world. Angkor Empire Tour is operating by Mr. Heng Seng Hok, he is fully qualified licensed Tour Guide in Cambodia. Traveling with us you would get no worries, you are always welcomed. We would make your best trip and holiday in Cambodia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 25, 2017

I first met Hok when I visited Siem Reap in Cambodia from Malaysia in 2006. His name was recommended to me by a passing acquaintance, so I contacted him and arranged for him to be a guide for my partner and me, travelling with my mother-in-law and a cousin, for four days. I'd never used a driver/guide before and didn't know quite what to expect - I thought he might set a fierce schedule that we wouldn't want to keep up with. He drove us from the airport to our hotel, and I asked whether it would be OK if we had an hour or so to settle in and rest, while he waited. My fears were allayed by his comment "Of course! Take time to be happy".
Hok's car was clean and comfortable, and most importantly air-conditioned! He is a fount of knowledge about Cambodian history and culture, and endlessly calm and patient (despite saying the same things, I am sure, to everyone he guides.) Nothing was too difficult - whether it was a 7.00am visit to Angkor Wat, or waiting an hour or so for us while we traipsed around the market. Outlying temples or the "big name" attractions are all on the agenda, and Hok was very amenable to changes in routine, visiting - or not visiting - this or that.
I have passed on Hok's name to any friends of mine who have visited Cambodia since, and visited Siem Reap again in 2013, with another couple, using Hok's services again then. We had a great time - helped by Hok's calm and friendly nature and expert knowledge and advice.
If you visit Cambodia, you must try and meet Hok!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"angle"
"tourists"

Reviewed August 24, 2017

I have gone on two Siem Reap/Angkor tours with Hok now. The first tour was back in 2005. Back then it was just a friend and myself. Because Hok was so awesome, we kept in touch over the years via intermittent emails. I went again to Siem Reap, contacted Hok again and the second tour was even better.

We went to places no other tourists got to visit. We rented motorcycles and cycled through the mountains, fished for crocodiles with live catfish, visited all the temples, climbed temples in Bang Melea, went to a nightclub, boat ride through the lake, etc etc. Hok provides an all inclusive experience. He caters his tours to your desires. He does not take short cuts and his prices are extremely fair and reasonable.

I would not hesitate in booking another trip with Hok again. He is awesome and literally the best guide I've ever had. He knows the history, the local experience, the knowledge, and wherewithal to make your trip amazing.

I realize this review sounds too good to be true, but trust me, you will not be disappointed. I have traveled to 75 countries now. And I would say Cambodia is top 5 because of Hok.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Hok gave us a very enjoyable tour with lots of historical information. He knows his Siem Reap really well and brought us to see many interesting out of way places. We would definitely recommend his tour for anyone wanting to visit Siem Reap.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

It was a great trip with Hok with my family in Cambodia. He is a great story teller. With his stories, my Cambodia trip become more meaningful and make us know more history about Cambodia. Thanks Hok!!