All reviewstuk tukbudget staynational roadfree breakfastlucky mallthe room was nicelaundry servicecaltexmrtoursfridgeguideacconstoothbrushessoap
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This is a great guesthouse if you're planning on coming to Siem Reap. I booked it for 12 days through booking.com for $99 total.

ROOM: No frills but it has everything you need. A comfortable bed, a wardrobe, a TV with a large selection of channels (including English speaking ones), a night stand, and a bathroom.

CLEANLINESS: The staff cleans everyday. There are zero issues with trash or grime. They do not automatically clean your room, but if you ask them they will do it gladly. I like this because you don't have to worry about someone knocking on your door if you are sleeping.

SAFETY: Again, zero issues. I've met some great people here, both fellow foreigners and the staff themselves. They are always friendly and ready to help if you have a problem. I feel completely comfortable leaving for long periods of time with my valuables in my room. Note that there is no safe or lockbox to store your things, but I have not had any issues.

AMENITIES: Free pickup from the airport. Free breakfast from 6-9 each morning, toothbrushes, a comb, packet of soap and shampoo on arrival.

The breakfast here is awesome! There are a lot of choices on the menu and I highly recommend #8...noodle soup with veggies and an egg on top with a coffee or tea. The portion is huge and it's delicious , filling, and satisfying!

LOCATION: If, like me, you like to walk or wander around, you'll love the location. It's close to everything you need and a tuk tuk ride to the markets or Pub Street can be had for $1.00!

They offer tours to various tourist locations through this guesthouse as well. Some people have said they felt pressured or coerced to accept. This is NOT my experience. I was told about the tours, with prices and schedules. The prices are in line with other companies and there was no hard sell. It was completely my choice if I chose to do them or not.

I took them up for the one day Angkor Wat tour. It was AMAZING, affordable, and the tour went smoothly. We had an English speaking guide. He was funny, extremely knowledgeable, and answered any questions put forth to him. The mini bus had great air con, cold water available, and worth the $10.00 I paid (the ticket to Angkor Wat complex is $37 no matter if you go solo or through a guided tour). For a total of $47, I had one of the best days ever visiting this historical Wonder of the world.

I would recommend Ta Som Guesthouse to anyone. Thank you for reading!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank David R
Tasomguesthouse, Manager at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear David R
Thank you for your lovely feedback We would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for kind choosing our guesthouse for accommodation place. As you have stayed in apartment(Siem Reap) but we still remember your lovely time here and keep in touch.

Once again, thank for your positive feedback which are very important factors in helping us to improve the quality of our services.We hope that you will be enjoyed your stay with us.

Mr.Heng (Sale Manager)

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

You guys must in here. Very nice, clean and quiet guess house. They are so kind. Don't think twice to go Ta Som guess house. So recommend!
I must go here again, soon!
Thank you for helping me going to Angkor wat!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Tasomguesthouse, Manager at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Eric M

Many thanks for such a great review! It's a real pleasure for me to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and make a tour to Angkor Wat.
I would be very happy to welcome you again if you return to Cambodia, and I wish you a great weekend ahead.

Mr. Heng (Sale Manager)

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This guesthouse is perfect value for money. We had a very warm greeting on arrival and our room was very spacious and clean with complimentary bottled water, soap and toothbrushes.
The service from the staff was exceptional- they were so friendly. Even the younger members of staff were so polite and kind.

A free breakfast was ideal and very good breakfast too! Very filling!!

Rooms were cleaned daily if we wanted, there was a laundry service on site and staff could arrange anything for you with ease.
Great location only 10/15 min walk from pub street and a safe walk too.

We booked for 2 nights but ended up staying for 4 as there was such a relaxed vibe we felt so at home! When leaving the lovely owner gave us some parting gifts.

Our stay was so lovely - we are backpacking around SEA and I would highly recommend it for a clean cheap place to stay with a homely feel!

Thanks so much guys !

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellamariadimambro
Tasomguesthouse, Director of Sales at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your kind words and took your experience during your stay to share them with us. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks again and look forward to seeing you in the next future.
Mr. Heng (Sale Manager)

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I booked the guesthouse based on overall reviews from fellow travellers.

We initially were placed in a double room which was nice until the AC broke. The weather was warm and despite trying to fix it, they couldn't get it back to cool. Thus, we were transferred to another room which was a triple AC room. Better and nicer. All the necessary amenities were provided.

$12 is reasonable enough for a clean and comfortable AC room (+ breakfast).

It is along the national highway which is a 20 to 30-minute walk to Pub Street so fyi for those who don't love to walk a long way. There were restos nearby if you don't want to go to Pub Street, even a coffee shop. But we preferred to go to Pub Street as there were more choices there.

There is also a gas mart nearby but it lacked supplies. There's a mart further towards the cross-section (10 minutes walk) that has more supplies.

The owner, Mr. Meng and his wife, picked us up from the airport as part of the free pick up clause of our reservation. They are accommodating hosts.

Room Tip: The GH doesn't have an elevator. The 3F & 4F rooms are preferable.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The owners brother looks after the tours and he is very dodgy, they give you a free banana shake on arrival and sit you down and pressure you into tours before you can even go to your room and discuss it without them overhearing and making recommendations. We booked the Phare Circus (a must see in Siem Reap, amazing) we were sold seat C tickets for the seat B price. When confronted he denied it, and it took a bit to get our money back but we did eventually.

The rooms were basic but everything worked fine, most of the other staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017
Tasomguesthouse, Owner at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Jessidou90
I would like to apologies for the behavior of my brother during your recent stay at Ta Som guesthouse. I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay. According to the problem that you have mentioned above is we did not force you or put you into the hard situation because you finished a banana shake, we just was going to tell you some information about the tours or some activities in Siem Reap. Plus, Phare Circus you wanted us to booked for seat B but that moment seat B completely full so we putted you in seat C and we already gave you $21 in return instead of seat B.
However, I am happy that you have found my staff were friendly and helpful excepted my brother! i will pass on your compliments.
Again,please kindly understand and accepted my apology, and I hope that this hasn't put you off a return stay with us again.
Best regards,
Mang Meng (Owner & General Manager)