Ta Som Guesthouse
  • Free Internet
Okay 1 Villa(Siem Reap)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Angkor PhC Hotel(Siem Reap)
Parklane Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsguest housetuk tukpub streetangkor watphnom penhbudget staydouble roomnational roadnight marketcomfortable place to stayfree pickfree breakfastfloating villagelucky mallcold waterthe room was nicelaundry service
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

You guys must in here. Very nice, clean and quiet guess house. They are so kind. Don't think twice to go Ta Som guess house. So recommend!
I must go here again, soon!
Thank you for helping me going to Angkor wat!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Tasomguesthouse, Manager at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Eric M

Many thanks for such a great review! It's a real pleasure for me to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and make a tour to Angkor Wat.
I would be very happy to welcome you again if you return to Cambodia, and I wish you a great weekend ahead.

Mr. Heng (Sale Manager)

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This guesthouse is perfect value for money. We had a very warm greeting on arrival and our room was very spacious and clean with complimentary bottled water, soap and toothbrushes.
The service from the staff was exceptional- they were so friendly. Even the younger members of staff were so polite and kind.

A free breakfast was ideal and very good breakfast too! Very filling!!

Rooms were cleaned daily if we wanted, there was a laundry service on site and staff could arrange anything for you with ease.
Great location only 10/15 min walk from pub street and a safe walk too.

We booked for 2 nights but ended up staying for 4 as there was such a relaxed vibe we felt so at home! When leaving the lovely owner gave us some parting gifts.

Our stay was so lovely - we are backpacking around SEA and I would highly recommend it for a clean cheap place to stay with a homely feel!

Thanks so much guys !

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellamariadimambro
Tasomguesthouse, Director of Sales at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your kind words and took your experience during your stay to share them with us. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks again and look forward to seeing you in the next future.
Mr. Heng (Sale Manager)

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I booked the guesthouse based on overall reviews from fellow travellers.

We initially were placed in a double room which was nice until the AC broke. The weather was warm and despite trying to fix it, they couldn't get it back to cool. Thus, we were transferred to another room which was a triple AC room. Better and nicer. All the necessary amenities were provided.

$12 is reasonable enough for a clean and comfortable AC room (+ breakfast).

It is along the national highway which is a 20 to 30-minute walk to Pub Street so fyi for those who don't love to walk a long way. There were restos nearby if you don't want to go to Pub Street, even a coffee shop. But we preferred to go to Pub Street as there were more choices there.

There is also a gas mart nearby but it lacked supplies. There's a mart further towards the cross-section (10 minutes walk) that has more supplies.

The owner, Mr. Meng and his wife, picked us up from the airport as part of the free pick up clause of our reservation. They are accommodating hosts.

Room Tip: The GH doesn't have an elevator. The 3F & 4F rooms are preferable.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The owners brother looks after the tours and he is very dodgy, they give you a free banana shake on arrival and sit you down and pressure you into tours before you can even go to your room and discuss it without them overhearing and making recommendations. We booked the Phare Circus (a must see in Siem Reap, amazing) we were sold seat C tickets for the seat B price. When confronted he denied it, and it took a bit to get our money back but we did eventually.

The rooms were basic but everything worked fine, most of the other staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017
Tasomguesthouse, Owner at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Jessidou90
I would like to apologies for the behavior of my brother during your recent stay at Ta Som guesthouse. I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay. According to the problem that you have mentioned above is we did not force you or put you into the hard situation because you finished a banana shake, we just was going to tell you some information about the tours or some activities in Siem Reap. Plus, Phare Circus you wanted us to booked for seat B but that moment seat B completely full so we putted you in seat C and we already gave you $21 in return instead of seat B.
However, I am happy that you have found my staff were friendly and helpful excepted my brother! i will pass on your compliments.
Again,please kindly understand and accepted my apology, and I hope that this hasn't put you off a return stay with us again.
Best regards,
Mang Meng (Owner & General Manager)

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The Ta Som Guest is a very comfortable place to stay, very clean room, the aircon is working great. The staffs are very friendly. The foods are delicious. The place is very accessible to drugstores (around 3 minutes walk because I need to buy medicine), coffee shop etc.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Tasomguesthouse, Owner at Ta Som Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Myruns F!
Thank you for sharing your experience here with us on Trip Advisor. I am glade that you are happy regarding to your stay. The things that you have mentioned above, are very precious gift mean a lot to us. Thank you again for your staying at Ta Som and we hope fully that our place next trip would be your choice.

Best regards,
Mang Meng(Owner & General Manager)