“Overwhelmed staff”
Review of Vibe Cafe

Vibe Cafe
Ranked #34 of 985 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We chose Vibe due to it’s very good reviews. On our sightseeing through the city we went to the restaurant around lunch time to make a reservation for 7:00 pm.
When we finally arrived it became obvious that nobody knew about our reservation and no one had told us earlier that the restaurant is full as someone is having a birthday party. The waiter informed us that it would take 40 minutes to get our food.
It became clear that the restaurant is not sufficiently stuffed. A restaurant should be able to handle business according to it’s full capacity - the service personnel seemed to be overwhelmed.
The restaurant was out of Vegan burgers, in lieu we ordered a Ritual Bowl, a Nourish Sandwich and two kinds of cheesecake. We found the taste of the food excellent but it lacks “bite”, it’s well balanced but generally very soft and mushy - at least those dishes we had.
We are sure that it’s a delight to visit Vibe on less busy days and would definitely recommend the place.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Such a good find! Delicious vegan menu, fresh, tasty and healthy food. Fresh juices and coffee, they even make their own cashew milk! Sit upstairs for a rest from the hustle and bustle. They also sell health foods and snacks to take away such as trail mix and spirulina.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited this cafe with a friend and we were pleasantly surprised by the menu prices since we considered it good value for vegan food.
While we were satisfied with the overall experience, my sandwich tasted funny. After trying the individual ingredients in my sandwich, I deduced that it was from the tempeh. When we informed the staff, it was unfortunate that they insisted that this was how tempeh was intended to taste like (I've grown up eating tempeh and I know that the ones in my sandwich were definitely not for eating. It wasn't so much that the tempeh tasted bad, but rather that it tasted like it was spoilt food).
I don't think I would have minded if they had taken the sandwich back to the chef to see if the sandwich indeed tasted the way it was intended to. It was the strong insistence by the staff and the lack of service recovery efforts that was disappointing.
I ate the rest of my sandwich sans tempeh and it tasted alright.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location, cool vibe and wonderful food. Wander through the cool artsy street and enjoy quality food.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love this place. I went several times and there was nothing I didn't like. The cauliflower is AMAZING. Highly recommend!!