Angkor Way Boutique Hotel
US$42
US$32
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$65
US$108
US$165
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This was possibly the worst place we stayed on our trip. The room when we arrived had a toilet that didn't work at all - but when I called the desk to have someone fix it the fellow was trying to convince me it was okay - maybe that was due to his very limited English. But the only reason I got it fixed by moving to a new room was because we were in a group and our guide was from Cambodia and he insisted. The new room I have to say was kept very clean and we did tip the cleaning lady for that - personally to make sure she got it and made her day. We weren't using the wifi so had no issues with it, but it was limited access for others. The breakfasts were included which was nice and it was a more traditional breakfast buffet that changed each day and they also offered fresh cooked eggs to your liking, cereal, fruit and other selections for those preferring a western start to their day. The pool was okay, but not sure how often it was cleaned - but on those hot sauna type days we didn't care. overall the staff were unfriendly, spoke little english and it was not overly pleasant to be there, and it was a long walk into the market and restaurant area. I wouldn't choose this place again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eelgrasslady
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Angkor Way Hotel is a miserable place. It's dirty, smelly and overpriced. The staff is rude and insulting.

I completely regret having made a reservation here, if I could give it a lower rating I would. Is there a better place to stay in Siem Reap? Anyplace is better than Angkor Way. The garage of the cheapest backpacker hostel in town would be better.

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank B Z
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in a superior room , part of a private tour. with my 11 year old son. Jan-Feb 2012 Really appreciated the pool after a hot day visiting the sights. The staff were friendly,..I loved the furnature in the lobby,..Chineese rosewood . The Wifi was acceptable unlike many parts of Vietnam. Our room had a balcony overlooking the pool it also has a writting desk, still apreciated. Buffet breakfast in the dinning room was good. The room was clean. Laundrey service was good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had a 3 night stay here recently and while it wasn't an especially bad experience I'm sure there are better places to stay in Siem Reap in this price bracket.

Unfortunately there were issues with the pool during our stay which resulted in water issues on our first night (eg. caught in the shower when the water was turned off). Fortunately this was fixed for the remaining 2 nights.

We found the location to be too far from the centre of town to be convenient. It's a 20-minute walk to Pub St, albeit quite a pleasant walk once you get to the riverside promenade, about a quarter of the way in. There are, however, a ready supply of tuk-tuks out the front.

We had a big comfortable (twin) room with TV, A/C and fridge that showed signs of wear and tear. A proper bathroom, with a separate bath and shower, not one of those horrible wall-mounted things that make a mess everywhere. Strangely a kettle was provided but nothing else to make a tea or coffee.

The (included) buffet breakfast is extensive, though probably a bit too heavy on the "asian" options for the average westerner. I found the choices that were to my taste quite limited. Extra points, however, for having a toaster (even if it didn't work overly well) and omelettes made to order.

While there are several other positives (eg. a lift, an efficient - if pricy - laundry service, very friendly, helpful staff, free water provided daily and free internet in a room off reception) it wouldn't be enough to make me stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CBK23
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The pool was lovely. Lift was a bonus. wiFi was hopeless. Breakfast was very ordinary. Went as part of an Intrepid trip. Would rather stay closer to town & source our own breakfast. Room was ok. Laundry service a bit expensive.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple