US$43
  • Breakfast included
Okay 1 Villa(Siem Reap)(Great Value!)
US$13
  • Pool
Lotus Blanc Resort(Siem Reap)
US$49
US$281
US$255
US$54
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$161
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$41
US$139
US$77
US$50
US$45
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Angkor Way Hotel is a miserable place. It's dirty, smelly and overpriced. The staff is rude and insulting.

I completely regret having made a reservation here, if I could give it a lower rating I would. Is there a better place to stay in Siem Reap? Anyplace is better than Angkor Way. The garage of the cheapest backpacker hostel in town would be better.

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank B Z
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in a superior room , part of a private tour. with my 11 year old son. Jan-Feb 2012 Really appreciated the pool after a hot day visiting the sights. The staff were friendly,..I loved the furnature in the lobby,..Chineese rosewood . The Wifi was acceptable unlike many parts of Vietnam. Our room had a balcony overlooking the pool it also has a writting desk, still apreciated. Buffet breakfast in the dinning room was good. The room was clean. Laundrey service was good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had a 3 night stay here recently and while it wasn't an especially bad experience I'm sure there are better places to stay in Siem Reap in this price bracket.

Unfortunately there were issues with the pool during our stay which resulted in water issues on our first night (eg. caught in the shower when the water was turned off). Fortunately this was fixed for the remaining 2 nights.

We found the location to be too far from the centre of town to be convenient. It's a 20-minute walk to Pub St, albeit quite a pleasant walk once you get to the riverside promenade, about a quarter of the way in. There are, however, a ready supply of tuk-tuks out the front.

We had a big comfortable (twin) room with TV, A/C and fridge that showed signs of wear and tear. A proper bathroom, with a separate bath and shower, not one of those horrible wall-mounted things that make a mess everywhere. Strangely a kettle was provided but nothing else to make a tea or coffee.

The (included) buffet breakfast is extensive, though probably a bit too heavy on the "asian" options for the average westerner. I found the choices that were to my taste quite limited. Extra points, however, for having a toaster (even if it didn't work overly well) and omelettes made to order.

While there are several other positives (eg. a lift, an efficient - if pricy - laundry service, very friendly, helpful staff, free water provided daily and free internet in a room off reception) it wouldn't be enough to make me stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CBK23
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The pool was lovely. Lift was a bonus. wiFi was hopeless. Breakfast was very ordinary. Went as part of an Intrepid trip. Would rather stay closer to town & source our own breakfast. Room was ok. Laundry service a bit expensive.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This place is great for backpackers. It was booked via my tour agent as a three star, but really it was 1 or 2. I've never hated a hotel so much that I would write a list and take pictures just to share on tripadvisor, so here it is!.
-There were ants all over my sink coming out of the drain. I had no food
-my shower curtain looked like it's never been changed...ever. It had blood stains (took a pic) and it was too short for the tub thus water liked to flow out.
-the showerhead has a removal head, but it's too short for any mobility. But if left on the wall, the water would spray out to floor. So showering for tall people I imagine would be hard as I'm 5'2" and had to bend down to get my hair wet (while balancing myself as I didn't want to touch the shower curtain.
-the shower had hair in the drain before we arrived and was never cleaned our entire 3 day stay
-no hair dryer in hotel or safe
-the towels are not super clean. One had hair stuck on it, and another had stains.
-room service never refilled our ammenities such as toilet paper or tissues
-power is spotty so AC would turn off in middle of night and lights would go off during the day and night
-I couldn't get my keycard in properly to turn on the lights for the room. SO we showed a folded up brochure into it.
-Buttons didn't work on TV. We had one station.
-wifi is free but it never worked unless I was at the pool where there are a lot of mosquitos.
-music in the hallway is loud. you can hear it in the room while you're trying to sleep
-my view was of the neighborhood homes garbage and laundry
-the lamp shade in our room was old, yellow and ripped.
-the breakfast was so-so but it was free.
-there is a sign that says money exchange but they will only take your foreign money and give you local currency, not the other way around. They had some excuse like I don't have enough change. But I saw they did have enough, the manager just didn't want to give up American dollars for local currency. he was real shady. His staff was about to change for me and holding the change that supposedly wasn't there while he yelled at them and told them to go away while he lied to my face. TIP DONT EVER GET LOCAL CURRENCY. They don't even accept that at their local supermarket. Everyone seems to use USD.
-another incident I had at this hotel is that my room was the first one next to the elevator. So people coming and going which was normal. What's not normal is to awaken to the sound of the phone ringing non-stop at 7am in from of the elevator. What was it you ask? Well after three times of going outside answering the phone and yelling at whoever it was, I called the front desk from my room to complain to find out its the front desk trying to get a hold of their maids who were down the hall cleaning another room. I was so mad I unplugged the phone. and 20 minutes later it was ringing again!!!
But that could be a one time event.....maybe....
So some ok parts of the hotel...
-the beds were ok. a bit hard and pillows flat but much better than the bathrooms.
-the floors were hardwood and were always clean.
-they gave us two free water bottles that would be replaced if you took one.
-the pool looked nice but I didn't go in as there were many leaves in it from the surrounding trees but they were being cleaned by someone.
-the bar at the pool is not always staffed. i had to go find someone to get a beer.
-i asked for extra pillows and towels and the front desk staff brought it up for me. So i assume this place just has multiple tasks for staff

It's not really close to anything but there are so many tuk tuk (pedicabs or motocabs) that it's not difficult to get around.

Room Tip: DOn't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends