All reviews big pool lobby ambassador speaking chinese nice hotel srey mom biggest hotel staff mr big hotel business trip visit cambodia hotel lobby recommend this hotel star hotel pool side buffet breakfast angkor wat airport pick
Reviewed 27 December 2016

The location is very strategic. We were able to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat and visit Ton le Sap and still had enough time to come back for the buffet breakfast. The hotel is close to Pub Street. We took the tuk tuk which was available in front of the hotel. The Jasmine Spa is good. We had foot massages at a reasonable price. In fact, I had a hair cut at the salon at a reasonable price too.

The buffet breakfast had a limited variety of food. Most food had beef or pork so definitely not suitable for vegetarians. The room was big unfortunately the cleanliness was not maintained. The housekeeping staff only does superficial cleaning . The hotel had bugs issues which was a total turn off for me.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank HemaPT
Vannak H, General Manager at Sokha Siem Reap Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Dear HemaPT,

Thank you very much for your review and we regret that we have not been able to meet your expectations during your recent visit.

While our beds are intended to offer a firm sleeping experience they do have a wood base, the standard set up is composed of a high quality mattress, a feather mattress topper and a bed pad. If a soft bed is required, we can add an additional mattress topper and I regret that this was a bug incident during your stay; which it come in surprised. Your comments are taken very seriously and have been raised with our colleagues to avoid any future recurrence.

I very much hope you would consider coming back to enjoy the excellent standards of service and customer care with which we are generally associated and if this is the case please let me know and I would be delighted to assist with the arrangements.

gmrep@sokhahotels.com

Reviewed 11 December 2016

This is a huge new hotel in Siem Reap. The property ground is beautiful and staff provided great service.

Positive:
I like the Room; it's good size with Beautiful bathroom including a whole teak wood basin.
Restaurants at the hotel was great. Buffet breakfast included in the room rate was fantastic with great choice of food. There's also 2 restaurants close by the swimming pool. One was outdoor (by the pool), and another more formal restaurant was indoor. We wanted to dine by the pool side for its atmosphere, and was delighted with the options to order food from both restaurants. The food price at the restaurant was very reasonable. Usually hotel restaurants are more pricey but not in this case. If I were to stay there again, I probably take all / most of my dinners in the hotel.
Spa - Got the 1 hour massage for 2 people. It was done in a nice private room. Both of us were satisfied with the quality of the massage and the price.
Service - Staff members we encountered were polite and provided good service.

As this is a fairly new hotel, I think there's a few things that they are still working out on. For example, the hotel is really huge with 3 separate main buildings. When we arrived, we have no idea which building to go to for check-in. Our driver parked in front of each and ran inside to check. If there's some signs either onsite or provided with booking information it would be helpful. During Check-in, I noticed some employees that are not doing anything taking up the seats in the Check-in Hall. One last thing is I think the signs (to the pool, spa etc.) need to be clearer.

Overall, this is a great place to stay, and I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank siberia129
Vannak H, General Manager at Sokha Siem Reap Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear siberia129,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am extremely happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us at our spacious and luxurious room as well as other exciting features and amenities this beautiful resort has to offer.

At Sokha Siem Reap, the comfort and satisfaction of our guests is of utmost importance. Therefore, it heartens me to know that the level of service provided by our team did live up to your expectations and I will be sure to share your kind compliments with my fellow colleagues.

The unique feature of our swimming pool is the largest LED Screen and is a fun aspect enjoyed by most of our guests for its relaxed one-of-a-kind atmosphere where littering is “encouraged”.

Once again, thank you for choosing Sokha Siem Reap, and I look forward to welcoming you back – perhaps for a return stay!

Reviewed 27 November 2016

After me and my friends got a chance to explore around Siem Reap as also part of our trip after uni, pretty much unexpected journey, we first found a great hotel (HKN Boutique Hotel) with all the magnificent hand carved lobby that I have ever seen and the service is sum up fabulous, kinda memorable since we were kinda walk-in guest and didn't expect that much from this unique experience. And we moved to Battambang for a few weeks and we got back, we found another brand new hotel which is Sokha Hotel. We found the price a it higher but the facilities are new and quite here. It has a really huge garden and grand pool. So it's another of my recommendation.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Rothy H
Vannak H, General Manager at Sokha Siem Reap Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Dear Rothy H,

Thank you for sharing about your lovely experience here at Sokha Siem Reap. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the excellent level of service and hospitality that we at “Sokha” always aim to deliver, the facilities and the various dining options here too.

I will be sure to share your compliments with my colleagues here, and I, too, hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is a very new hotel. I think it's opened for business in September 2016. We stayed for 4 days in late October. It's out of town and closer to the Angkor Wat attraction. There wasn't much to see or do near the hotel. There was a night market in walking distance but it's more for local people then tourists.

The hotel was huge but some part was still under construction. The hotel lobby was quit large and impressive. The hotel room was spacious and very clean. TV has some English channels (CNN, BBC etc). The free internet was pretty okay most of the time.

We ate the buffet breakfast everyday in the hotel. The food selection was good but majority of them were the same everyday. I liked the cooked on the spot noodle soup. They were very delicious. We also tried afternoon tea. The pastry and appetizers were all very good.

The hotel pool was huge with a gigantic TV near one end of the pool. Being a brand new hotel tree were all very small. The landscape was very plain compare to other hotels in the same category.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank hkjiang

Dear hkjiang,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sokha Siem Reap, and for taking the time to share this wonderful review with us. I will definitely be sharing your kind words with my team here at Sokha, and I look forward to welcoming you back for another stay soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

This hotel is the first stage of a massive out of town complex under construction, which when complete will draw anything else in Siem Reap. There is occasional construction noise audible from the pool area.

The hotel offers an airport transfer service but despite my sending details to the hotel in advance there was nobody to meet me. Not a good start after 18 hours travel.

The rooms are large and, as one would expect from a newly opened hotel, well maintained.

The breakfast buffet is extensive, although heavily biased towards the hotels main customer group, Asians, with limited European options. Noticeably absent was orange juice, although this was willingly provided upon request.

Staff were all friendly and helpful with good English. But the lack of the airport pick-up lowers the overall service scoring.

During this soft opening, this hotel offers great value but still some work needed to add the finishing touches.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Man_from_London

Dear Man_from_London,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest opinions with us.

I am deeply concerned to know that you have had a less than satisfactory start here with us on the airport transfer and unlike the majority of our guests; you did not experience exemplary hospitality at Sokha, which should have been the case for all our guests. Nevertheless, I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have taken on board your comments and have shared this with the team to ensure that no matter how busy the colleagues may be, the level of service should never be compromised.