“Surprisingly Good Local Restaurant”
Review of Kickys Restaruant

Kickys Restaruant
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Reviewed June 6, 2015

My husband and I just returned from KICKY's Restaurant and were delighted by the quality of food. We had eaten here several years ago, when KICKY'S first opened; we found the service to be rude, and the prices very high. But much has changed since our last visit.

We started with SHRIMP PURSES, as an appetizer. These are yummy pieces of shrimp, breaded into an outer pastry shaped to look like a purse. They were cooked perfectly, and had a bit of spice. The added lemon zest on top of each "purse" was pleasant.

For the entree, I had the Thai fried rice (with chicken and fresh, not frozen, shrimp). Very tasty, and a good deal at $13. My husband ate the Spicy Mango with chicken dish. Although not spicy at all, it was delicious. We each took half our meals home, for a second dinner.

My husband had a Thai iced tea with his meal - the perfect summertime complement to his meal.

The service was excellent, a bit too fast perhaps, but other than that, great. Although there is a HELP WANTED sign on the door, the waitress was able to handle all 5 tables without incident. We were given ice water (with lemon slices) in addition to our beverages; this is not typically done in Asian restaurants, so we were pleasantly surprised. Also, locals can get coupons for BUY 1/GET 1 before 6:30PM, so that makes for a chap date night.

Not sure if there is a liquor license here, because we didn't need any drinks tonight. The menu is quite large here, offering all types of Asian foods, including sushi, tempura, noodles, etc. There is sure to be a dish for everyone. There are also lunch and late night specials.

Reviewed April 16, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I frequent this place whenever we can. We dine at the sushi bar. The staff is so friendly and they make new sushi creations for us to try.
Sooooo good. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed December 26, 2014

The food is always good there. We eat there or get takeout from there about once a month. I have food sensitivities and the food never bothers me from there. The food always seems fresh. The service is just ok there but the food keeps us going back. The waiter messed up on our squish order once and gave us and extra roll. I was not sure what he said when he divered it to the table so we thought it was something extra. When we got the bill we noticed the extra charge, we told them we did not order it and the took it off the bill with No problem.
We have ordered takeout a few time and it has been good to the last time we ordered lunch the portions were smaller than normal so I hope that is not the size they are going to. We like their Thai food a lot and their sushi Is good too. We have not had too many other dishes there. The kids lover the beaded chicken kids meal.
It is a BOYB so it is nice when going with friends. We have never had to wait for a table there and food normally comes out quick so my kids like going there. I love their special price days and their coupons, that makes it affordable for us to keep going back.

Reviewed November 9, 2014

The person who takes the order is not only rude, but also incompetent. After waiting an hour for delivery, the order was incorrect and when I called to explain this, I was told I was wrong and that I read the menu incorrectly. What obviously happened was the person put the order in wrong but wouldn't admit it. After arguing with me on the phone for almost ten minutes, I asked to speak to the manager who never got on the phone. All I wanted was to have my bill credited but they refused to do this. Now they are coming here to get the food and will give cash for it. Never orsering from here again!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were 3 couples having dinner here. This was our first visit. The inside décor is very contemporary with private booths for allowing us to have privacy away from the main sitting area. This was interesting and better for us to hear one another. The lighting was dark which made it difficult to read the large menu - and the print was very small. Most of the entrees were sushi. The waiter was nice and considerate but he did not bring all of our friends dinners out together. One friend had to wait a long time and he was the only one getting a hot meal. That did not make sense. The special sushi rolls that I ordered were delicious and the price was fair. For a Saturday night, the place was not crowded and it was a beautiful night. We just weren't overly thrilled. There is too much competition for us to go back. They also offer many deep discounts if you come in after 8:30 at night and on certain nights during the week. - Maybe if the girls want to get together on one of those nights, I would go back.

1  Thank audreylebowitz