“Ace food!”
Review of Katana

Katana
Ranked #56 of 10,058 Restaurants in Dubai
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Beneath ambient lighting with a hip and stylish vibe, Katana brings to life robatayaki style cuisine, expertly blending sleek Japanese tradition and modern fare.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We absolutely loved everything we ordered. The restaurant was a bit quiet for our liking but the food, presentation abs service duly made up for it. The dancing fountains as a backdrop are a definite plus... if only we saw more diners around... I hope it fills up soon, coz it certainly ought to be more popular

Dear Parveen

Thank you for your complimentary feedback and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor. I am delighted your experience was enjoyable and even more so that you made mention of our Service which is something we really pride ourselves in. I couldn't agree with you more that being busy is much better but I think we are experiencing a really early summer this year and that's causing a reduction in footfall in the entire adjacent area. Nonetheless we are a growing restaurant and trust with more feedback like yours, we will soon reach the heights we aspire to.

Once again Thank You and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Decent food , excellent view , attentive staff.
Enjoyed laser show on Burj HalifaTower
Good choice of dishes and excellent bar

Dear Balapan

Thank you for visiting us at Katana Dubai and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we trust to see you real soon again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Scrumptious Japanese cuisine. Excellent variety of vegetarian dishes, perfectly suiting my diet. Spectacular ambience and hospitality.

Dear Hussein,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. In todays health conscious age it is important to be able to cater to all dietary requirements and we definitely tick all the Veggie boxes and am delighted you got to enjoy the food and experience the wonderful ambience and hospitality.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I invited some friends to Katana and our evening was wondeful. We ordered the salmon carpaccio and other appetizers to share and everyone loved every dish! The main courses were also fantastic. We were lucky enough to be seated on the terrace and the great food and breathtaking view just made for a delightful evening.

Mark C, General Manager at Katana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Lara,

Thank you for having chosen Katana Dubai to dine at and then for also taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and especially that our food was enjoyed by everyone. Couldn't agree with you more, the view is just plain Spectacular. We trust you will be back soon. We offer an amazing Wednesday Ladies Night - "Bubbles, Bites & Beats" . For AED100pp you receive 2 glasses of bubbles or grapes, including a selection of Sushi & Robata Skewers.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact me directly for bookings at mark@katana-Dubai.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Extremely disappointed. How is it possible this restaurant is being ranked very highly intrigued with the wiser I am very very surprised I had a couple of entries and couple of skewers like black cart and calamari all of them were awful and unfortunately couldn’t finish any of those strong to recommend not go to this place actually I realize that when I entered because the restaurant was pretty empty given the high season of Dubai

Mark C, General Manager at Katana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Cemydurukan

Thank you for your review albeit to my disappointment. I am dismayed that you were not satisfied with your recent visit. Feedback Positive, or Negative is how we measure our successes and rectify our shortcomings. The Trip Advisor ranking is obtained through positive reviews from discerning guests throughout the world who ranks Katana as one of the very best in Dubai so I can assure you this is not the perception of the public but an isolated incident. Numbers in restaurants throughout Dubai vary in weekdays and peaks on weekends and as Summer is upon us you generally see a big decline in footfall as high season has ended. I do however appreciate that the food was not to your particular liking as Cuisines can be subjective from person to person and as we do specialize in Robatayaki, which as is with any other style of cooking, can unfortunately not be too everyone's liking. I will immediately conduct a quality check in unison with my head chef and ensure it is up to the standards we as a brand demand.

If I was not so sure of this being an isolated incident and a staunch ambassador of the great quality at Katana, I would be inclined to take this on the chin and move on, but as I am, I would appreciate the opportunity to showcase to you what we are really are about and can assure you of a very different experience. I sincerely implore you to e-mail me at Mark@katana-dubai.com in order for me to turn your experience around. I look forward to hearing back from you.