“A “hidden” gem”

Price range: US$50 - US$150
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Downtown Toko Restaurant, Garden & Lounge located at Vida Hotel, is the hub for laid-back get-togethers and friendly gatherings. Now open With a brand-new interior and décor, this cheerful space is just what the Dubai casual dining scene needs. Spirit connoisseurs and foodies alike are invited to come and experience the remarkable birth of the venue, coupled with an incredible new menu for excellent value featuring tasty Chinese and Japanese street food including an exciting variety of dim sums, delicious wok dishes, and a special duck recipe specifically created for the restaurant. Spearheaded by Bulldozer Group Worldwide (the Dining & Entertainment Group behind Novikov, Sass Café, Cipriani Dubai, Movida and VIP room), the space has been designed by renowned Russian interior designer Nograph and will feature the main restaurant, lounge and garden that will evoke that intimate yet trendy feel. The famous outdoor garden, a relaxed, laid back atmosphere with lush greenery, beautiful outdoor chairs and comfy sofas will ooze cool, swanky vibes for the perfect weekend hangout.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent Asian food. Everything was delicious. Can highly recommend the Peking Duck, but also the sushi and the dumplings. The service as well as the surroundings was fantastic. We will defiantly be back.

Vadim F, General Manager at Downtown TOKO, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Christine P,

Greetings from Toko Downtown and thank you for the time you have taken to write such a positive review about your recent experience with us!

I am truly delighted to learn that you had a pleasant experience with us and have shared your feedback with both Culinary and Service Teams as everyone is delighted to know about the same.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at vfalkovskiy@downtowntoko.com, as I will personally look after your reservation and service.

Toko Downtown

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Average sushi restaurant with also chinese and thai food. Nice location with outdoor patio but no alcool allowed. Try the crispy tuna tacos and skip the dim sum. Not very good.

Vadim F, General Manager at Downtown TOKO, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear Roberto,

Greetings from Toko Downtown and thank you for the time you have taken to write a review about your recent experience with us!

I am delighted to see that you found the restaurant's location being nice and on the same note please be informed that we do serve alcohol, but inside the restaurant and inside garden, since the alcohol can't be served on Dubai Boulevard as per the law. In regards to the food, we are soon launching new menu and certainly I will pass your comments to our Dim Sum Chef.

We are always looking forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at vfalkovskiy@downtowntoko.com, as I will personally look after your reservation and service.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Seems that as long it’s in downtown could offer bit more luxury form.
Terrace is escape from crowd but looks like it need some major fixes.
Furniture is not in wow condition while there was some dust and mess behind our seats.
Ok I’m not sanitary inspector but I know when this place got just opened and it was awesome. Umbrellas and cozy furniture gave you feeling that you are in some parallel universe.
Food is ok. I’m not fun of sushi so the dinner was about gathering not about food. Anyways hmm, they could take care more about outdoors and as well to be more polite if you have group of more than 50 people.

Dear Miljana M,

I can surely agree on all of your comments in regards to the general look and maintenance, though please be informed that Toko has been taken over by Emaar Hospitality Group and we are already working on several projects in order to improve the general condition of the restaurant, as unfortunately previous management group did not look into these points lately.

Nevertheless, I am sure you will see many improvements on your next visit and we are always looking forward to welcoming you back! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at vfalkovskiy@downtowntoko.com, as I will personally look after your reservation and service.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely ambience and great food. It is expensive but considering the prices in Dubai in general it is a good option for a night out with friends. The service could definitely be better but the Tom yung soup and tuna tacos make up for it :)

Dear Saman Q,

I am truly delighted to learn that Toko is one of your favorite restaurants in Dubai and please be informed that Emaar Hospitality Group has taken over the venue lately and we are already working on several projects in order to improve general condition, including the service.

I am sure you will see many improvements on your next visit, as we are always looking forward to welcoming you back! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at vfalkovskiy@downtowntoko.com, as I will personally look after your reservation and service.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I love Toko❤Have been with the girls for the Ladies night on Wednesday and just randomely alone for lunch. The biggest pluses are the ambience and the down to earth non intrusive staff. I love the menu - chocolate fondant is the all time favourite but they also have a good selection of Asian cuisine snacks. Will definitely come back!

Dear Viotel,

I am truly delighted to learn that you love Toko and it was your 2nd visit. I have shared your warm words with both Service and Culinary Teams, as everyone is certainly glad to know that you had pleasant time with us!

We are always looking forward to welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at vfalkovskiy@downtowntoko.com, as I will personally look after your reservation and service.