“Buggy driving in the Dubai Desert.”
Review of Desert Adventures

Desert Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$324.00*
and up
Dinner at Al Muntaha in Burj Al Arab with private...
Ranked #244 of 528 Tours in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether you’re looking for a Bedouin-inspired desert safari or family fun at some of the Middle East’s largest theme parks, Desert Adventures has one of the largest selections of excursions in the United Arab Emirates. Each trip can be tailored to suit your personal preference and budget, making every experience unique and unforgettable.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Booked online, We were picked on time from the hotel, and driven for an hour to the desert. The organiser got out let the tyres of his 4x4 down and drove us for 20mins across the dunes to the where the buggies were, which was great fun.
We were given a clear briefing and instructions, safety helmets etc. and off we went for 1/2hr with a stop for drink photos and sand boarding, if you fancied the walk up after!
Then another 30mins driving the buggies. And we were returned back to the hotel.
The whole experience was professionally run, fantastic fun and amazing views from the dunes to the wild camels. Our instructor was great fun, very accommodating.
We will definitely be booking up next year!

All reviews
"photos"
"driver"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Having studied the handbook we saw a boat trip that stated something like ...at a time to suit you.
When we discussed with the sales woman we agreed a time, 4pm to 6pm a price, which was quit expensive at 1777dirams. The first hiccup being they don't take credit or debit cards! Who on earth doesn't take cards in this day and age. So off we trot to the hotel currency exchange, something everyone warns you not to use due to the poor rates offered. We go back to the sales desk with 1777 dirams to book the trip. The sales person rings to book the boat only to turn to us and say words to the effect.....Oh sorry that time isn't available!! However you can have 6pm to 8pm but it gets dark at 7pm. We ask about alternative times and agree 2pm to 4pm but don't wait for her to ring and say we will be back at lunch time. We were only in Dubai for 3 days and had already spent an hour over the first "unavailable booking".
At lunch time we are told "the government won't allow trips at this time"!
Hardly "at a time to suit"
How about early morning? Oh, it would take too long to get there because of the traffic.
So.....can't go when you want, and indeed can't go at all and cost us about £25 in currency exchanges.

1  Thank Grumpyretiree
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We were picked up from our hotel around 3:40pm for the Desert Safari on Monday 10/04/17, spent around 50 mins to our destination and had a short stop, pics taken with a Falcon Bird using your own camera & paid AED 10.00 for each click. Also purchased a couple of head scarfs due to the heat & sand & waited for the driver to deflate the tyre pressure. We then started the adrenaline rush desert safari in the large 4 wheel drive, I'm sitting in the front next to the driver and my friend in the far back seat with 3 guests in the middle seating. At first I'm enjoying the experience being my second time since 2010. I'm busy using my iPhone filming the entire Safari for around 18 minutes, I'm beginning to experience motion sickness towards the end, however managed to compose myself. We had a short rest for around 20 minutes then continued more of the Safari speeding at times around the sand dunes. Eventually stopped for the next experience riding a Camel, only a 20 min wait queuing up and only a short walk around on the Camel for 5-10 mins. Later we were waiting for the entertainment with Arabic cultural dancers and a buffet meal. A couple of small souvenir stalls selling mostly UAE gifts. Later your able to purchase a photo taken of you while riding the Camels, 2 photos in a frame cost
AED 130.00 The dancing and music was most enjoyable and a fantastic experience for the both of us. Transferred back to our accommodation close to Dubai Airport for 9pm.
Highly recommended for all ages.

1  Thank Stephen N
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I had a horrible time with your driver being EXTREMELY out of professionalism. During the WHOLE time he kept making DISGUSTING comments about myself: how pretty he thinks I was, my smile, and other comments I rather not to mention.

I felt extremely uncomfortable the whole day and he didn't stop asking me out, even after I told him I'm married.

This is not acceptable and disgusting!

It's not because I was friendly that it means I was interested at all on him! It's disgusting!!!!

I was traveling by myself and I didn't have to be put in this disgusting and embarrassing situation.

At the end of the day I was completely FED UP with this tour guy.

I will never ever use your services again and I'm still disgusted by this driver.

I'm still pissed off!

2  Thank Fernanda P
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

My dad and me booked the quad tour with a following evening show and dinner for 350AED per person.

The quad tour was good but the fact that it was in a group and thus you could not go faster than the slowest member killed it. If you want to do a quad tour spend the extra money on making it an individual tour just for your group!

The following dinner and show in a bedouin camp was below standard. Three shows were done:
1) A kind of sufi whirling dance. Add lots of LEDs to this otherwise beatiful dance and you lose all your fascination for it.
2) A belly dance. Standard show nothing special.
3) A fire show. Standard show nothing special but still the best show of the three.

The food and drinks are included only alcohol has to be paid extra.

A small starter plate was offered which was not too bad but it felt like most of it was not original. Seeing that about 50-70 people were around for the dinner that was no surprise though. The main course was topped by a fresh BBQ of chicken and beef. Again the meat came fresh out of the plastic container of the supermarket.

I would have loved to see and experience an original bedouin dinner. This however was nothing but show for tourists.

My advice to you reading this:
Just book the quad tour if you do not want to spend the money for an individual quad tour. Stay away from the tourist trap that calls itself 'Dinner in Bedouin Camp'.