“Terminal 1 Lounge”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had access to the lounge as Virgin Atlantic Upper class passengers.

When we arrived they lead us to the far end of the lounge through some doors, this area is solely for Virgin passengers - this was far quieter than the rest of the lounge! There were plenty of staff including one virgin representative.

They had a buffet of hot and cold items, snacks and drinks. Wifi was also available.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were due to fly into Dubai airport with a four hour layover so I booked this lounge having used it before on my frequent business trips through Dubai.

However, due to snow, our flight from Birmingham was cancelled (@ 10pm). I emailed Marhaba the next morning asking if in these circumstances, I could get a refund or a least reschedule my lounge access - they asked for my booking reference and new flight details. When I sent them, they told me I was already down as a “no show” and their system wouldn’t allow it to be rebooked.

What a con. Absolutely no benefit to booking a lounge in advance as if you flight is delayed or cancelled you get no benefit.

Would have been my 5th time at marhaba - turns out the previous time was my last.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We spent some time of our layover at terminal 3 Marhaba lounge. It was very full, you are lucky to get a seat next to your partner/group. No lounge chairs available to take a nap. It wasn't well serviced, the floor was dirty and tables sticky. I would only go back if things were to change.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed in marhaba lounge while on my way To Birmingham. It was like a life line for me. Had 6 hrs stay at airport. Clean quite.... buffet dinner was excellent. Has other selections like fruits juices soft drinks... staff was cooperative..... showers facilities were on payment basis.... important thing is you can stay free ifone has GCC issued MasterCard of certain banks....

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Our Qantas flight was due to leave at 0240 but we knew that there was a delay until 0540 so having have a good walk round the Duty Free shops we found our way to the lounge. It was full but we did find a couple of seats & a table. Unusual to find a smoking lounge, with television, within the lounge. Frustrating though to see smokers leave bags on chairs, in a full lounge, then disappear into the smoking lounge for the duration of their stay!!
Drinks of the alcoholic variety were complimentary apart from champagne. Water & fruit juices were plentiful and a good quality coffee machine. There was a cold buffet comprising sandwiches and also a hot buffet with several containers & all food was halal.
Our 3 hour delay became 7 hours so we had an extended visit to the lounge and the buffet was changed to breakfast choices in the very early hours.
The lounge was busy throughout the night with a steady changeover of travellers. Two departure boards were available & we left at 8am for our flight time of 0920!!
Not a night to repeat but at least we had a comfortable lounge with acceptable sustenance.

1  Thank Rojen6