Open today: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM

from US$55.00
from US$61.00
from US$59.00
1,759 results
All reviews gold souk for sale worth a visit saffron vendors spicy incense bartering souvenirs creek arabic
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Dubai Spice Souk is one of the important places to visit in Dubai. One can get all types of spices(including Indian spices). It offers variety of spices, perfumes, carpets, household things almost everything. Don't forget to bargain.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 11 May 2021

After having seen much of the "new" part of Dubai, we really wanted to see some of the older parts of the city and I feel I can recommend the Spice Souk for tourists, with some reservations.
The spice souk is easy to find, and the area was smaller than I expected. The souk really only consists of a few alleys, but they are densely packed with stores and spice bins and people. I wouldn't recommend driving here since traffic was more chaotic here than in the rest of the city and there was little to no parking. It's just a short walk from a couple of metro stations on the green line, or you can park at Al Seef and take the abra across the creek. Don't be afraid of getting lost, it's basically impossible. There are signs and maps all over the place.
We saw both locals and tourists shopping here, I can't really speak to prices or to the authenticity of what was offered. Much of what is offered varies little from shop to shop. There are great photo opportunities. The area has a completely different feel than the more modern parts of the city and gave us an idea what Dubai may have been like 50 or 100 years ago.
What you need to know before coming here: Vendors are very pushy, some bordering on aggressive. You will be constantly approached. Like many other reviewers, this makes me feel highly uncomfortable and I also dislike bargaining. So I went into the souk, reminding myself that the area is basically safe, and that nobody can make me buy anything I don't want to buy or make me feel bad about not patronizing their store unless I allow it. I willed myself to be confident and firm but friendly. With that mindset I was able to enjoy the experience. We did feel safe and met some of the nicest people. Trying to figure out what local treat to try, we met a family from Iran who recommended fallouda (vermicelli with rose syrup) and insisted on buying some for us. Meeting them made my day. We can highly recommend the snack shop window right across from the Abra station, their fallouda and fruit juices were delicious.

Date of experience: March 2021
4  Thank California_momofsix
Reviewed 20 April 2021 via mobile

Big variety of all kind of spices and dry fruit but prices are much more expensive comparing to Morocco

Date of experience: April 2021
1  Thank RebeccaGraham1
Reviewed 10 February 2021

Lots of shops offering all kinds of spices, tees, dried fruits, etc. However, prices are ridiculous, even if you negotiate heavily. We walked out of a shop after having negotiated for some 15 min when the price for some tea remained about 4x the price for the same quantity of top quality tee at Waitrose in the Dubai Mall.
Also, you have no chance looking at displays, or even just have a walk, without being constantly approached by sellers. It really is annoying.
If you are staying a few days in Dubai, you may want to have a look at the souk. But don't expect too much and in particular, don't expect it to be relaxing.

Date of experience: February 2021
2  Thank HP1798
Reviewed 23 January 2021

I love Old Dubai. The Spice Souk is right on the Dubai Canal with the old Wooden boats going back and forth, it makes for a great view and experience. The shops all seem to have pretty much the same products. The shops I went in they encourage you to taste the dried fruit and as much chocolate as you would like. We got some teas which are to help different things; sleep, blood pressure, stomach, etc. I also got Arabic gum, it is supposed to help with many things, but I have a bad shoulder (years ago tried to catch a bale of hay with it). There are days I couldn't lift my arm up to curl my hair, this Arabic Gum has changed my life. You put a little rock in a water bottle overnight, drink it and my pain is gone. Not sure if it's just me and how my body reacted, but it has really helped me. The bad thing about the Spice Souk is the shop people trying to get you in there shop, it's annoying and almost starts to feel like harassment (Ok that may be a little strong, but it does bother me). Also the Gold Souk is adjacent, I'm not into gold but they said you can get a good deal there.

Date of experience: January 2021