“Spices are Nicer here.”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$124.00*
and up
Dubai full day tour with lunch at fountains - abu...
Ranked #138 of 424 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Shopping at Traditional Souks, such as Dubai Spice Souks, exposes travelers to Arab style marketplaces where goods are bought and sold. Bargaining allows you to acquire different commodities, such as spice, gold, textiles and perfumes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went here on 21st March 2018 after our Lunch. We bought some dates, spices etc. We were a group of 14 and had a nice experience here. Items were heaped up and cost reasonable.

1  Thank S R V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"incense"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place which was once a bustling market for spices, is now almost defunct. It just remains on the tourist map as an attraction, but not as a market for original spices. The rates are also costlier if not on par with the prices in countries like India, where also you can get genuine spices. Also the display and sale of saffron is totally false. At the price they are quoting for a kilogram, you will not be able to get even 100 Grams of genuine saffron. The displayed saffron looks like threads of vermicelli dyed in the colour of saffron. Now more than spices most of the shops contain other items, like crockery, trinkets, etc. Also the quality of dates and the prices are much better and cheaper outside the souk than inside. And for everything you have to bargain if you want a fair deal. In all most unimpressive except for the old structure and the boat ride from Bur Dubai to Deira.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would have enjoyed this that much more if I wasn't being harassed EVERY FIVE SECONDS. I am not exaggerating - it got pretty vulgar here, and I just had to ignore it unfortunately but it did keep me from fully experiencing it. I really wanted to take some pictures but didn't feel comfortable enough to immerse myself in the space.

But, aside from THAT - there were so many colors, flavors, and smells - it was definitely stimulating and I wanted to bring so many things back. A great place to get some souvenirs and experience a completely different atmosphere than Dubai city. Visit for sure!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this Souk where all merchants pulled new trying to US convince buy something. all goods was just everywhere, made industrial. they saw outside cars of which was discharged. in 10-minute I finished visited all, not worth stop there ...

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This souk consists of a few narrow alleyways lined with sacks of frankincense, saffron,dried lemons, dates, and sundry other fruits, nuts and spices. A tourist-oriented area, there is nothing remarkable about this spice market. In fact, if you have traveled to other countries such as Turkey, you will not be impressed with this one at all.

My spouse and I have visited here twice now, both times on organized tours. The first time was in 2011. The second time was this March, 2018. It was a boring experience both times.

The only item we purchased was a package of chocolate covered dates, which we snacked on while we waited for the rest of our group to complete their walk-around.