7,254 results
All reviews oceana beach chor bazaar power station moroc bar shanghai chic mistral restaurant arabic coffee and dates the executive lounge all inclusive package shopping mall infinity pool indian restaurant private beach hotel pool beautiful hotel shuttle bus jebel ali
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is going to be a lengthy one so forgive me.

Let me start with the good. Without a doubt this is a stunning hotel and with some adjustments to the service levels this place could be a real force to be reckoned with.

The staff in the Executive lounge are outstanding. A real credit to the company. I would mention by name but I don't know them.

The food in all the resturants is fabulous and well presented.

I am still here at the Movenpick and this is my third visit. The first time Feb 2017 was out of this world or so I thought at the time. After staying again in Nov 2017 and now April 2018 I am conviced that my first thoughts may have merely been down the fact that I was hardly at the hotel and spend most of my time out and about and so didn't get the full experience. My November visit was not positive and I was left disappointed and with promises that it would be better on my next visit I booked again for April 2018. Upon arrival I was upgraded to Executive Lounge benefits on the back of my less than less than positive experience in Nov. The manager Sven was exceptional in his approach and customer service he is a good credit to the Movenpick brand.

So on this visit I had pre booked several spa treatments the first being the day I arrived only to to be told that they could not find my first booking. To cut a long story short it was eventually resolved and I was given a complimentary treatment to make up for the error but I must say the attitude of Mahima who I believe is the Spa manager was less than polite. I spent a good 10 mins trying to resolve the issue during which she suggested it must have been another member of staff that had made the error and she wanted proof of my booking and I showed the email and told her who I had booked with at the end of our conversation I asked for her name as a point of contact there was a lot of hesitation to give me her name when she eventually did I realised it was her name on the email. That was a little sneaky and didn't sit well with me. To be honest if she just put her hand up and acknowledged that she was Mahima the lady that had made the booking in the first place I would have been fine with that.

I had seen a review online which mentions the attitude of Mahima and it appears unfortunately they were spot on.

So fast forward a few days and my next present at the Spa. Nobody at the desk when arrived and so waited. The gym attendant had to try and track someone down 10 mins later the therapist arrives no apology just asks me to follow. I asked if she had forgotten about my appointment she said " no but I'm here now". Body scrub was lovely then time to shower before the massage and it turns out the shower isn't working so we need to switch treatment rooms. This was less than relaxing but these things happen. Massage great no complaints. Fingers and toes crossed for my other spa experiences this week.

Executive lounge access includes 2 items of clothing per day processed through laundry service complimentary. I was told I had to pay so I went to speak to reception only to be told I did not have to and that I should give the items back to laundry by this time I had already dealt with the items myself.
The phone was not working but this was sorted swiftly. The speakers in the bathroom don't work I've had 2 engineers up and was told they would get it sorted tomorrow only to now be told they cannot fix it.
Beautiful hotel with so much potential but honestly I'm exhausted. This is supposed to be a holiday. These small things alone wouldn't bother but with the last visit not great and now this one with many different irritations it pains me to say I don't think I will be back. Such a shame as I want to sing Movenpicks praises as there is such potential I just don't think that I can so frustrating.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank newblessing123
Ibn Battuta Gat... H, Front Office Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear newblessing123,
thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor.
It have read with pleasure that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you very much for your loyalty.
I did read with great concern about your experience with the O2 Spa.
Please accept my apology on their behalf. I have already addressed it with their management team.
It was nice meeting you yesterday day and I hope that you will be enjoying the rest of your stay and we will be able to greet you back with us on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Arabic hospitality, Arabic coffee by Mustafa! ! I enjoy it! Highly recommended! !! Especially chocolate hour & dates!!! Very very hospitality with Mustafa! !! If you look for high class holiday or business you'll find here!!
Oksana

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Oksana928
Ibn Battuta Gat... H, Front Office Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Oksana928,
thank you very much for your wonderful review here on Tripadvisor.
It was a great pleasure the read, that you have enjoyed your stay with us to such extend.
Thank you very much for highlighting our Chocolate hour and the Arabic Coffee & dates serviced by Mustafa.
Please be rest assured that I will share your kind words with Mustafa and the rest of the team.
We are looking forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel is reasonably priced for the quality and amenities. Very nice fluffy comfortable beds, good internet, a nice clean modern gym and pool on an upper floor of the hotel. A reasonably good breakfast buffet - though a bit chaotic. Nice outdoor bar with amazing shishah and free drinks for ladies on Wednesday! My only recommendation would be that the hotel install better air filters so that the air conditioning isn't circulating allergens and de-humidifiers because the rooms are very humid!

Room Tip: Many people with children so request a room that doesn't share a wall with families/kids.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business

Dear wodaabe,
thank you very much for your great review about our Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for highlighting our beds, the good wifi connection our Gym and the breakfast buffet.
Please be rest assured that I have shred your comments in regards to the air conditioning with the manager in charge.
We are already looking forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

So far so good. Excellent service and fantastic hospitality from Mostafa, the gentlemen who serves great Arabic coffee with amazing dates! Looking forward to the rest of the stay with my family. The rooms are spacious and provide the comfort you need after a day out shopping and exploring the sites of Dubai!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank saq10
Ibn Battuta Gat... H, Front Office Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear saq10,
thank you very much for your fantastic review about your experience in our Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
With great pleasure have I read, that you have enjoyed your stay with us to such extend.
We hope to greet you back with us on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Wow! Amazing hotel with no attention to detail spared. Lobby is breathtaking. Rooms large and spacious with separate bath tub and rain fall shower. Gym is top of the range with bottles of water at every machine. Right next to shopping mall. I arrived at 445am and was not supposed to check in until 3pm but room was given to us straight away. Outstanding service from reception.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear CuisineChic,
thank you very much for your wonderful review here on Tripadvisor.
We are looking forward to your next arrival.