“Delicious salad”

Get food delivered
Ranked #1,653 of 12,708 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: A concept grown in the heart of South Africa, Walnut Grove comes to Dubai bringing along a rustic yet authentic boutique dining experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Think it is more a day place.  Quiet in the evening. Glad in a way as the space is quite tight.  If it is busy, I can imagine the restaurant being very noisy.  If you are lucky to get a seat by the window, you can just about see the fountains.  There are outside seats on the terrace.  However, if you want to die in August heat suggest sitting inside!  Pleasant staff.  Service was good.  Pretty restaurant.  Nice atmosphere.  Good selection from burgers to cakes and of course their famous salads which live up to the hype!  Thankfully they come in smaller portions as I was dining solo.  Delicious!  I had the sweet chilli chicken salad which was divine.  I asked for it without the bread / breadsticks.  I know a few reviewers complained about the quantity of protein to salad vegetables but I found the chicken to be more than enough.  Any more and it would have been too much.  Nicely presented, freshly made and really good.  Portion sizes are generous.  Wifi did not connect but just use the mall one.  Would recommend.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank Ahat21
Write a reviewReviews (75)

Reviewed 6 August 2021

The food was great, I had the Arabic Eggs, which is basically a Shakshuka. The portion size was perfect for two people and we had a slice of cake and a coffee. Our Waiter Reymar greeted us and took our order, he was happy to look after us and talked us through the menu with ease.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

Firstly,I'll agree with what other reviewers have said. The speed of service and efficiency here leave a lot to be desired. Although I will add that we've visited several times and the service is definitely improving.
Still could be better though, hence the very good review.
The food is beautiful. Tasty, plentiful, beautifully presented.
Huge portions, easy to share if you wanted to. And the cakes are to die for. Top this with an amazing view of the Burj khalifa if you sit outside in the cooler months.
I wish I'd taken photos so apologies. If you're visiting try the Spanish scrambled eggs for breakfast, which are full of flavour, delicious. The salads are huge and the selection on the menu has something fro everyone I'd say.
We will definitely be back because overall it thoroughly deserves this review. Just need to up their game a little more on the service issues so that customers aren't waiting too long.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

It has a beautiful location inside, it overlooks the waterfall and right next to it. If u have kids,babies, there is a big space for them in front of it.
And outdoors it Overlooks burj Khalifa and the fountain. I love the decoration and ambiance. Very friendly waitress.
They start serving at 9:30 am.
I personally didn’t like the kind of balsamic they used on top of the egg. A bit thick and heavy. But the remaining ingredients and the taste were really good.
As for the granola, (Greek yogurt), they put a lot of Shia seeds. And I barely had any granola.

The dishes were served in a a very presentable way.
I tried it once for lunch and I will go again for lunch

Date of visit: May 2021
2  Thank LCW_Lara
Reviewed 12 February 2021

I don't know how we hadn't stumbled upon this place earlier! Such a great lunch spot with beautiful views on the fountains and the Burj Khalifa - definitely recommend sitting outside in the sunshine. Lovely, friendly staff, relaxed vibe with delicious grub!

THE DRINKS:
They have a range of coffees with different flavours, crazy shakes, mocktails and juices which all looked delicious and so hard to pick one! The sinful cappucino is SO GOOD if you like condensed milk but you have to try the Nutella cappucino. Just the right amount of choclatey goodness!

THE FOOD:
We've been a couple times to Walnut Grove and will certainly be back. The Menu is HUGE. Pastas, sandwiches, salads, pizzas, mains, breakfast, desserts. I had the Spinach and Feta Tramezzini which is so tasty and the portions are generous! The salads are ginormous I would recommend getting the smaller size but depends on your appetite. I've also previously tried the Thai Beef Salad which was good but the ratio of beef to salad could have been increased. However delicious nonetheless.

Date of visit: January 2021