“Ok food, decent pastries, too high price”

Yamanote Atelier - Dubai Mall
Get food delivered
Ranked #3,753 of 12,550 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Neighborhood: Al Hamriya
Description: Yamanote Atelier is a local brand that fuses traditional baking with Japanese flair. We serve a wide range of baked goods, sandwiches, coffee and tea. Most of our ingredients are imported from Japan and our Japanese bakers place great emphasis on consistency and quality.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

The mushroom tartine is really good but I tried a few pastries and breads and they are just decent. Taste was just ok but not really worth the price.
I think price of some of the small buns is too high for what they are.
Consume on the same day. I did not finish one of my sweet breads and the following day it was hard as a rock and already tasted mildly stale.

Date of visit: February 2021
Yamanote Atelier, Marketing at Yamanote Atelier - Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Hello MRCordova, thank you for your feedback. If there's anything we can do to improve, please let us know how we can get in touch: fdbck.me/i/3670074 Yamanote Atelier Team

Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed 28 December 2020

Love the cheesecake here, its one of the best I have ever had! However, the portion is tiny, it's the size of my toe (sorry I could not think of a better example).

The Mocha as well was pretty good.

A little pricey for the portions but I would definitely not think twice before going again.

The dark chocolate croissant was brilliant. Firstly I have never had a DARK chocolate croissant cause not everyone does it. Secondly, it was done really well - crispy on the out and soft on the inside.

The seating area wasn't that great, as it was in the middle of the mall and completely open. I assume that a personal preference, some people might like that kind of seating.

Overall, love the food quality, would definitely go back. Maybe not to the branch but Al Safa branch

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Saddaf1001
Yamanote Atelier, Marketing at Yamanote Atelier - Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2020

Hi Saddaf1001, thank you for your comment! We are glad you enjoyed your order. We'd love to see you again soon! Yamanote Atelier Team

Reviewed 7 December 2020

We have been ordering from Yamanote for many years now, way before the Dubai Mall branch opened in its first iteration. However, what is concerning me is the pricing at the Dubai Mall branch. The custard roll which is a go to item on the menu was 15 AED in the Al Wasl branch until very recently. When I purchased last week in The Dubai Mall it was 18 AED. I am not sure if this is a price increase for all branches or just this location. This would not be the first food retailer to inflate the prices for a Downtown location (Spinneys is a classic) but a 20 percent jump for a basic pastry with cream is not sitting well. It’s the same with the Milk bread loaf and I am guessing most of the menu. I understand the business rationale, rents are higher etc but this is too much. Our family won’t be buying from here anymore which considering I have rated it as very good seems weird but it’s the principal of the matter. I will still pop in to the Al Wasl branch if the prices there haven’t gone up.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank dsdubai71

Hello,

Thank you for your concern and your feedback, yes our prices increase at all Yamanote branches but maybe the different in days when you went between 2 branches in that period that increasing happened.

We are happy to see u again and again in Yamanote.

Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

Delicious pastries! Absolutely love the mushroom tartine, great taste, not heavy, good flavors combination.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank jorj1984

Thanks for the wonderful review, jorj1984. Our team will be thrilled reading your kind words! Yamanote Atelier Team

Reviewed 10 December 2018

A small cafe and a bakery located on the Lower Ground Floor of Dubai Mall. Beautiful design. Wonderful service. The main thing is just fantastic pastries. We often come here to buy fresh pastries home. My 3-year-old son loves pastry Yamanote Atelier

Date of visit: November 2018
yamanoteatelier, Owner at Yamanote Atelier - Dubai Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2020

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you so much for you review. and looking forward to see you again