“Unforgettable Dubai Trip with Family”
Review of Dubai Tour Guide

Dubai Tour Guide
Ranked #165 of 529 Tours in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a cultural experience? Would you like to experience the atmosphere of a traditional Arabic majlis? A tour showing you Dubai's world-famous architectural wonders? Or would you rather go for shopping in one of the city's colourful souqs? Whatever it is that you prefer, count me in! Private guided tours in German, English and Romanian.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

First thing you should always remember to plan you trip to Dubai is what is "OK To Board"

OK TO BOARD : Once you receive a valid UAE visa after applying for a UAE visa, you have to send your visa copy to the airline you have booked your UAE flight ticket with. After rechecking your UAE visa, the airline approves your ticket and marks your flight PNR as OK to Board. All this is done by your visa agent. Emirates Airlines and Jet Airways don't need OK TO BOARD.

This word OTB(Ok To Board) created hell lot of chaos.

I booked my tickets with Air India Express worst mistake of my life. Because on 19th Oct early morning I get message from Air India Express that my flight was delayed by 13Hrs and scheduled at 20th Oct 3:00 AM which was big shock but Indigo came to rescue and finally on 19th Oct from Indigo desk we booked our ticket and also they managed our OTB which earlier was linked with Air India Express.

Day 1(19th Oct): Arrived Dubai at 10:00 PM. Pick Up was arranged from airport to our hotel Hyatt Regency,Deira by Our travel manager(Kesia Holidays, Ms.Asha, Ms. Sini).

Day 2(20th Oct): After rocky journey of 19th. It was a day of leisure. Breakfast was great and it was included hotel package also you can include lunch and dinner as per your choice. Hyatt Regency is near by Metro station and Gold Souk. So to travel and explore the city you can get free drop to Metro station also there is daily plans which hotel provides like free pick up and drop to Dubai Mall , Mirdif City Center, Kites Beach etc. So We planned to go Dubai Mall and after returing from Dubai Mall in Metro in evening we planned to go Mirdif Mall.

Day 3(21st Oct): To our surprise , What we see Mercedes Viano for pick up. So first we visited Jumeirah Mosque but tourists are not allowed to go inside. You can click the photos from outside. Next was Jumeirah beach and Burj Al Arab and it was scorching heat outside and not a proper time to enjoy on beach. So we just took the photos of Burj Al arab so make sure to take jumeirah beach tour in evenings or early mornings because heat is unbearable in afternoon. Next stop was Palm Island. On Palm Island you have varied options like Lost chambers, Aquarium , Dolphin Show and Water Park. But we choose Lost Chambers and it was one of the best experience of life time and most recommended than we took mono rail which was good experience as it takes you on tour of Palm Island and you can click some good pictures of Atlantis. Mono rail drops you at last exit point of Palm Island from where you get your car/cab. Then next was Dubai Museum, if you are interested in knowing history of Dubai and their culture(3 AED/person).
    In evening, we went Meena Bazaar nearby museum from where you can buy souvenirs , perfumes , chocolates , dates etc.And if you crave for Pani Puri in Dubai , Kailash Parbat is good indian restaurant in Meena Bazaar.

People are very helping and honest in Dubai.

Day 4(22nd Oct):After good heavy breakfast we went Mall of Emirates what a beauty! Architecture of Mall of Emirates is magnificent. We went Mall of Emirates for Ski Dubai. We wished to see penguin show but Penguin Show was full and

evening slots were available so its better to book in advance ! Sigh we have to return. So then we headed towards Marina Walk where we hired personal yatch at Just 400AED but you can bargain with them and experience was great. Next was
fountain show at Dubai Mall starts at 5:00 PM Evening and repeats at every 15 minutes different show till 11:00 PM .Then we went 124th floor Burj- Khalifa , view from 125th floor deck was unforgettable but those with fear height and vertigo should avoid.

Day 5 : After hectic day 4 , day 5 start was lazy we went for breakfast late. Then we planned to go Gold Souk my mother and mother -in -law were more excited for gold souk then burj khalifa . We took cab and went Gold Souk which was near by our hotel. In evening we went for dessert safari in land cruiser it was fun it included dinner , you can enjoy sheesha and belly dance. This is how my Dubai trip came to an end . It was wrap up time.

Day 6:Flight from Dubai to Mumbai (Jet Airways).

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"stops"
"gold"

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 5 ladies in our 50's and had a full day tour with Ioana.
The mini bus collected us from our hotel on time & was punctual throughout the day.
We visited lots of historic sites, souks, the palm and the Burj to name a few.
We really enjoyed our day, Ioana is professional, knowledgable & her English is excellent. We would highly recommend this lady for tours.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've had walking tours in Vietnam, Sydney, etc., but Ioana is the best! I'll tell you why that is:

Flow of the tour
- Ioana had a very seamless way of explaining how history unfolded in Dubai. And then as we went around, she was able to point out how Dubai's current architecture, carpentry, religion, and culture was tied up to its history

Depth of knowledge
- Normal tour guides know what they're describing, but Ioana also knew why. And when asked why, normal tour guides would be expressing their opinions on the matter, but Ioana was able to back everything she said with facts! For example, when she explained from what countries the first residents of Dubai came from, I asked how they were able to finance their trips to Dubai - and she explained in detail the processes used by different countries in loaning to people in the early times!

So if you're booking a tour, I highly suggest to request a tour with Ioana. :)

Ioana_tour_guide, Owner at Dubai Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Joseph,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! The truth is I love giving this walking tour of the old city and am truly delighted that you enjoyed it so much! Also, I am honoured by your words and the fact that you named me "the best tour guide you've ever had"! I am striving each day to make my tours as rich and interesting as possible in order to help my guests to better understand Dubai's history and culture as well as to eliminate any prejudice or misconceptions they might have about this fabulous city I am so proud to be calling my home! I, too, had a great time showing you around and I hope you will choose me again to be your tour guide should you decide to make a return visit!

Safe travels and enjoy all the things this beautiful world has to offer!

Ioana

Reviewed 28 June 2017

During our 3 days trip to Dubai, Ioana helped us to discover the main touristic attractions of the city.

In the “old city” we were fascinated by the walls of the fortress (Dubai Museum Al Fahidi Fort), Bastakia area, Grand Mosque, the spice and gold souk and Hindi lane.
The “new face” of the city, represented by Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Mosque, Madinat Jumeirah, Atlantis the Palm and Dubai Marina, revealed to us as an incredible combination of modern and traditional buildings.

Our guide Ioana was very kind in providing us the necessary tickets for safari trip, the ones for entering in Burj Khalifa tower and with dinner reservation on a very special restaurant (from our sits we enjoyed, the entire evening, the show offered by musical Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa laser lights).

If you want to enjoy this wonderful experience, Ioana is your guide for Dubai.

Thanks so much, Radu, I really enjoyed having you in Dubai! I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and let other guests know that I can help them make the best of their stay in Dubai not only by showing them around myself, but also by helping them book a wide range of exciting trips and activities that will make their stay a memorable one! As an experienced tour guide in Dubai and a long-time dweller in the Middle East I can give a lot of insight into what the area in general and Dubai in particular have to offer, as a passionate traveller I know how important it is to not just book any tours and activities, but only the best ones!

Good luck to you in your future travels and adventures!

Until next time,