“Discovering Dubai”

Dubai Tour Guide
Ranked #176 of 534 Tours in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a cultural experience? Would you like to experience the atmosphere of a traditional Arabic majlis? A tour showing you Dubai's world-famous architectural wonders? Or would you rather go for shopping in one of the city's colourful souqs? Whatever it is that you prefer, count me in! Private guided tours in German, English and Romanian.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2017

During our 3 days trip to Dubai, Ioana helped us to discover the main touristic attractions of the city.

In the “old city” we were fascinated by the walls of the fortress (Dubai Museum Al Fahidi Fort), Bastakia area, Grand Mosque, the spice and gold souk and Hindi lane.
The “new face” of the city, represented by Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Mosque, Madinat Jumeirah, Atlantis the Palm and Dubai Marina, revealed to us as an incredible combination of modern and traditional buildings.

Our guide Ioana was very kind in providing us the necessary tickets for safari trip, the ones for entering in Burj Khalifa tower and with dinner reservation on a very special restaurant (from our sits we enjoyed, the entire evening, the show offered by musical Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa laser lights).

If you want to enjoy this wonderful experience, Ioana is your guide for Dubai.

Ioana_tour_guide, Owner at Dubai Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thanks so much, Radu, I really enjoyed having you in Dubai! I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and let other guests know that I can help them make the best of their stay in Dubai not only by showing them around myself, but also by helping them book a wide range of exciting trips and activities that will make their stay a memorable one! As an experienced tour guide in Dubai and a long-time dweller in the Middle East I can give a lot of insight into what the area in general and Dubai in particular have to offer, as a passionate traveller I know how important it is to not just book any tours and activities, but only the best ones!

Good luck to you in your future travels and adventures!

Until next time,

in 3 reviews
"stops"
"gold"

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Ioana curated an amazing tour for us - 2 adults and an 11 year old, that was a hit for all of us. It included a trip to a falconry, the historic area of Dubai, the Gold, Spice and Textile souks. She was patient, let us go at our own pace, answered all of our questions and was full of interesting information and insights about Dubai past and present. She was very thoughtful - and really worked to take into account our interests. She was a lovely warm personality

Ioana_tour_guide, Owner at Dubai Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Heather,

Thanks a million for your warm words, I am sooo happy that you enjoyed the tour and especially the much awaited falconry experience! I trust the pictures I sent you will help you put together that wonderful album K. and I. were looking forward to. I am really glad to have met all of you and I do hope to see you again one day! Until then I wish you all the best, Ioana

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a 20 hour layover in Dubai and we decided to see a little bit of the city while we waited for our next flight. I got in contact with multiple tour website but I didn't feel like they understood what I wanted to do, or were able to answer a lot of my questions. Eventually I got in contact with Loana and she was very helpful and flexible with what I wanted to do. Since I felt at ease I decided to book a tour with Loana. She was amazing with everything, I contacted her multiple times to ask her questions and she was always patient and very helpful. Once we arrived at the hotel she was there waiting for us, she helped us get checked in and was ready to start, just like I asked. We were able to see everything we wanted to see, and even more. I had tour guides in the past but I felt that Loana always went above and beyond to deliver what was expected. I'm so glad that she was our tour guide and I will definitely come back to see Dubai with her.

Ioana_tour_guide, Owner at Dubai Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear Melissa

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed our tour together, I really tried to make the best of your layover despite all the inconvenience caused to you by your delayed flight and the late arrival at your hotel. I am also very happy that we could tick off all the places I really wanted to show to you on that day in the city and especially that you enjoyed the much awaited sunset desert safari!!! I do hope you managed to get the lovely desert shots you were looking forward to ;)

Thank you so much for the time you took to write this detailed review, it was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to welcome you guys again soon. And if you do come back as we discussed I promise I will make it a stay to remember!

Safe travels,

Ioana

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Ioana organised the tour around what I wanted to visit , for example when I requested to see the fountains at Burj Khalifa she changed the itinerary to fit in with the times of the shows. We went to see most of the modern buildings and I learnt so much about them. Having a driver for the whole tour you have time for lots of stops. No matter what you are interested in, whether it be Islam,the economy,the lives of ex-Pats,architecture,etc Ioana can give you lots of interesting information. At the end of the tour she gave extra time to recommend other places to visit or restaurants. I highly recommend this tour.

Ioana_tour_guide, Owner at Dubai Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Dear Geraldine

Many thanks for your lovely review, I am really happy that everything was to your liking and you enjoyed our tour together as well as the "after-hours" recommendations. I have to say I loved showing you around our fantastic city just as much as I enjoyed the time spent afterwards at your guesthouse, sharing stories from our most memorable trips! It was a pleasure meeting a passionate like-minded traveller like you and I do hope to see you again soon! Keep travelling! ;)

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2016

We met Ioana in the morning at our place, as she arranged transport for the tour. The car was big and clean and the driver very good for the usual Dubai traffic. Ioana took us to many photo spots where we took great shots of the Dubai sights and she provided lots of information on the city and its sights, history and culture. It was like diving in a National Geographic show.

After sightseeing we ended up in the local market - souq - where Ioana was invaluable in explaining how to bargain and taking us to the shops with the best discounts.

We highly recommend Ioana as a reliable, knowledgeable and resourceful guide with a good sense of humour.

Thank you!

1  Thank aladinb777
Ioana_tour_guide, Owner at Dubai Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful review, I am really glad to have met all your expectations and I am soo happy that you enjoyed our walk through Dubai's bustling old streets as well as the bargaining in our lovely souqs. I hope you had a safe journey back home and look forward to showing you another one of Dubai's many faces in the future. Regards, Ioana