“Must go place! Fantastic view of Mandalay”
Review of Mandalay Hill

and up
Mandalay Full-Day Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #10 of 72 things to do in Mandalay
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We took a taxi to the foot of the hill. There you will find trucks/vans taking you up the hill if you want to avoid the 45min walk. Price 1000K per person. Great view of the area and nice temple complex. Near many other temples within walking distance.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"escalator"
in 225 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I really enjoyed the climb up as there were plenty of reasons to paus and enjoy the view, or to study the various temples placed along the way.

Definitely recommend doing the climb!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I went many sunset in Myanmar.Such as in Bagan,Mount Popa and Ayarawaddy river.I like all of them sunset.But Mandalay Hill sunset is my favourite sunset because there are many sightseeing on hill . I saw great building, Ayarawaddy river, beautiful view , I feel fresh air and make me confortable. So Iike Mandalay Hill more.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We hired a motorbike and drove up there instead of doing the walk.

The overall views were good but nothing special. What I didn’t like:
- Pushy local shouting at me to pay money for entrance
- Shoes off at the bottom - dirty and not maintained floor.
- Hazy weather and not a good sunset
- Pay a fee to take your motorbike up and then you have to pay for parking - but this is still better than the doing the walk for not such a good view/sunset in my opinion