“Spend that extra money and truly enjoy Kornati Islands”
Review of Zadar Archipelago

Zadar Archipelago
Ranked #2 of 66 Outdoor Activities in Zadar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Boat Tours & Excursions. Private Trips, Transfers & Taxi Boat. The best way to explore island destinations in small groups guided by the local and professional crew. Feel, taste and explore true Croatian adventure !
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We were staying in one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Zadar old city center. Our concierge recommended going for Kornati & Telascica for 65€ on a wooden boat which looked quite old and in the group of at least 100+ people. When they said that it will take them 3 hours cruise to go there and another 3 hours to come back, it was really easy to realize that we would be spending only one hour at Kornati Islands area... So we did research on our own and came across Zadar Archipelago office on the opposite side of the old center in the city marina. This must be the most expensive tour we took so far but we are very happy and glad we meet. That feeling when you are ready to leave even extra tips after paying more than 130,00 € for a full day tour.

We really had an amazing time out there. If you read the other reviews you will get a sense of what you are paying for, but I will reiterate from my own perspective:

Small group, we were having a full day tour in a group of 9 people with personal guide and the skipper. As I realized 12 people on one boat which is already a huge difference from all others.

Privacy it one of their top priorities. They were constantly avoiding the crowds so we were having islands and even private islands only for ourselves.

The skipper and the guide are so kind and warm people. They funny and very helpful. I was so impressed with their willingness to do anything to accommodate their guests. They speak perfect English and our skipper spoke fluent French as well. They gave and showed our kids how to ride the boat, the reached them how to snorkel in the right way and has answer to millions of our questions. On the other hand they stayed professional all the time, So disciplined that every time they get back on the boat from snorkeling or cliff diving they dress their uniforms and stick to the fix schedule in order to show us everything planned... We were very surprised how they love and enjoy their job.

Short, speedy but very comfortable and safe rides. They are using big rubber and plastic speedboats that at the first sight doesn't look attractive especially for us with small children. But I can surely say that the boat was just perfect for this day tour, rides were very short and we were having a lot of fun speeding and cruising around the islands. Even our kids got opportunity to ride the boat with the skipper, tells you a lot how safe we felt.

An amazing trip overall and the highlight of our time in Croatia so far. I could not recommend more.

1  Thank Sheila_Summer
in 4 reviews
"great decision"
"crew members"

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

These excursions might seem a little more expensive than the others you see advertised but its completely worth it to share a boat with a maximum of 12 guests rather than 100. On our trip there were only 6 of us plus staff! Be aware, that this is a fast boat, at times riding hard waves, so it’s not for people who are nervous on the water, but it is an incredible day of swimming in caves, exploring secluded beaches and getting away from the crowds. I would say that for the price, they could probably offer more food, but they have snacks and cold water and the staff were incredible attentive. Our tour guide also spoke 6 languages so she is well prepared for all guests. I would recommend to everyone and definitely go again!

1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Very quickly will you get a sense of what they mean when they say: "Feel, taste and explore true Croatian adventure!"
I highly recommend for everyone searching for something more during their vacation :)

1  Thank Lordan H
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

After average hotels and not so great service we came along this young company in Zadar. It is 6 of us adults travelling around, very experienced and we were very cautious in the begining. The speedboat looks quite intimidating :-) but once you take your seat and your tour starts it is pure 'dream come true'. I mean it, they take care about every single detail and we enjoyed every minute of our tour. Comfortable and dry ride, small group, no rushing and everything on time, the places they took us are heavenly, crystal clear sea, white stones and sandy beaches, private islands... Really amazing. Compleately different Croatia from what we saw so far.

Now about Kornati Islands. They are beautiful and no one can say different. I was reading some negative reviews here on the Trip Advisor and now I understand why. It can be crowdy yes, especially we saw the big boats with hundreds of people riding around, fully packed...Like everywhere in the world it all depends where and with whom you choose to go. We went in small group, always in private atmosphere to the nature so beautiful you can't even imagine. The whole tour plan was made in order to avoid crowds. You can say it is my personal experience but the fact is tat Kornati Islands are one of the most beautiful genuine nature places I have ever visoted. This way or another, you have to visit Kornati Islands while staying in Croatia.

The only problem with Zadar Archipelago tours is that they don't advertise much. If you don't go to their office in the city marina or directly to their website, it is impossible to book the tour. I hope this review will also help other people recognise their efforts and encourage them to be more visible.

All in all, I absolutely recommend Zadar Archipelago with their full day tour to Kornati and Telascica. Keep up a great work and we will come back for other tours surely some time in the future.

1  Thank russellcrewdson