“Bus Driver Sexual Harrasment”

Cabrio City Tour bus
Ranked #167 of 191 Tours in Dubrovnik
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I thought about this long and hard before writing this review. Why didn't I address this when it happened? Should I have slapped this man's face or confronted him when it happened?

But then what happens if I did such thing in a foreign country where the offender or the surrounding people cannot understand English? How do I report to the police without evidence? What if this confrontation was flipped around because of the language barrier and I was charged with battery because I hit a man's face? With all the regret of not taking action, but also being confused about what I should have done, I decided to come forward because I don't want any other female victim to experience this when visiting this beautiful city.

The bus was very empty with the bus only containing me, my husband, mother-in-law and another nice man from San Francisco. He gave us a mediocre tour of the city (just driving around and stopping by some places to snap some photo..that was pretty much it. No Tour Guidance since the driver couldn't speak English) As we got off the bus to thank the driver, he shook our hands and gave us a hug. As he leaned in and put his arms around me, his other hand went to my chest and he squeezed my breast. I was so shocked and disgusted, I wanted to get away from him as soon as possible. My husband and the mother in law were already at a distance so I quickly ran towards them and told them what happened. However, we just weren't sure what to do, I felt violated by the bus driver and downplayed by my family. I shook it off so that my family can enjoy the vacation, but the disgust and neglect is still stuck in my head.

It's crazy how I realized some of his strange behavior completely made sense after the fact also. Every time we asked him to take a photo of us, I noticed that the bus driver would bump into me when he was showing the photo on the LCD screen. I thought he was just an awkward guy with a strange sense of personal space, but now that I think about it, he was pressing his elbow against my chest.

Please avoid this company.

All reviews
"views"
in 8 reviews
"tourists"

Reviewed 12 October 2017

On our first full day in Dubrovnik we took advantage of the bus tour to help us get our bearings around the city. We boarded the bus at the Pile Gate by the Old Town. The journey does not have a commentary but stops several times for photo opportunities. The journey lasted just over an hour and for the two of us was 150 kuna.

1  Thank MartinG_53
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Anyone visiting this city will quickly understand that the two ways to see it are by water ta I or tour bus unless you are seriously fit . Take the bus around the city which will cover most attractions except old town and Cable car

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The tour lasted a couple of hours and gave one a good sense of the layout of the city of Dubrovnik. There was no audio but it was interesting to see different neighborhoods and take in the sights of the city including the new and modern bridge. We picked up the bus at near the Pile Gate of the Old City.

There was another open air bus company selling tickets in departing from the same area that did have audio. However, they were unsure as to whether they would be touring until they could get a minimum number of passengers to buy tickets.

We opted for certainty of the bus leaving at a given time even without the audio. If you are looking for a bus tour that gives you interesting facts about the city then you should take the tour with the audio, which also departs near the Pile Vate of the Old City.

3  Thank RichardWayneNYC
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We did this trip this morning and enjoyed it on the whole/ It achieved our goal of getting a rough idea of what we wanted to see in more detail, outside of the obvious. Starting at Pile gate, you are taken above the old town with a stop for photos. You go further out the double back and head over the Bridge by the port, with a longer stop with photos and snack / coffee if youwish (Fan expresso!) You then travel around the port and up through Lapad, eventually returning to Pile gate around 1hr 20 mins later. We had no audio but we didn't mind that. Polite and friendly driver too. 75 Kuna.

3  Thank Roger G