All reviewsrooftop barboat serviceboat shuttleold cityprosciuttobeautiful hoteljacuzzi on the balconyprivate boatjames bondwine barlokrum islanddeluxe roomweather permittingmoment you arriveon the rocksindoor poolglass wall
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We had been planning to travel to Dubrovnik for a while as we were told how beautiful it is. We also wanted to visit Medjugorje and Mostar and were advised to stay at Dubrovnik so, perfect in both accounts.

We can’t be grateful enough for the experience that was waiting for us at Dubrovnik.

Villa Dubrovnik, the hotel, was absolutely perfect. Five stars, amazing service, great food. The view to the city was unbelievable. The small venetian boat to the city centre was super cute and the hotel shuttle was very convenient.

Dubrovnik the city, ... I have not seen a most magical, beautiful, spectacular, clean, welcoming, organised, and charming city! The people, the food, the architecture, un-be-lievable... It was like a dream.

Thanks Villa Dubrovnik, thanks American Express and thanks Dubrovnik! Our short break was extraordinary. We loved it and we thoroughly recommend it. We will definitely come back.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank ahuertasc
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a true pleasure to read such vigorous and passionate impressions of your stay in our charming and beautiful Dubrovnik. I am honestly pleased to see that you fully enjoyed and relaxed while on your short break and that Villa Dubrovnik was a part of your perfect vacation.
Thank you for your honest recommendation and we will be honored to welcome you back again as our loyal guest.
Sunny greetings from Dubrovnik,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This great property has a long way to go. Beautiful as the views may be, all but a few rooms are disappointing, the hospitality was awful (except for the very gracious bellmen), the rooms weren’t cleaned well, the nice little beach area was usually out of chairs and everything was overpriced. We spent 4 weeks touring Europe. We stayed in 5 star hotels throughout. Every other one was phenomenal, not this one.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. John,

I am honestly astonished by your review as you seemed rather happy and pleased while you were staying at our beautiful Villa Dubrovnik. Also, I regret that you didn't respond to my personal message to you, here on Trip Advisor so you could provide me with more details of why you rated our service with such a strong word as "awful", so we could take action if necessary to rectify. As you can see on all of our previous comments, usually our service is a particular asset that we strongly rely upon. Also, while you were staying in June we haven't encountered any particular hustle on the beach or that no chairs were available to our guests.
However, I do apologize for the impression that was left on you and only wish that you gave me more specifics or spoke with me in person about the situations that you have encountered while staying with us.
General Manager,

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Well lit and very comfortable room with a cute balcony and ocean front views. The Prosciutto roof top bar is a wonderful place for “sundowners”. Service is very attentive and professional. You meet some great people in the hotel and we got some wonderful guidance of things to do and places to visit.
A la carte Breakfast has great choices and the seafood combo tartare was delightful.
Old Town is a 1.6km (20min walk) and there is a beach in front of the hotel.
While not “cheap”, you pay for an experience. We stayed at both Hotel Bellevue and here for 2nights each and enjoyed this hotel more.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BloDaJo
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely impressions. I am cheerful to see that you enjoyed this small details that Villa Dubrovnik provides and to the guests.
I am particularly proud that you accentuated our service, as our staff is honestly dedicated to their efforts and work.
Once again, it was a pleasure to host you and wishing for your next visit.
Warm Greetings,

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We spent three nights at this gorgeous property before beginning our cruise of the Dalmation coast. The hotel has a James Bond type elevator entrance into the hotel. There was a little miscommunication during our check in process, as to whether or not we had confirmed spa appointments, but that was quickly resolved. The room was very modern and very comfortable, but the view was outstanding. Our only complaint about the room was the design of the shower which is inside the tub, water was constantly leaking out, and created a very slippery floor if not soaked up right away. I personally feel getting a room with a view at this hotel is worth it. My husband and I both had spa treatments which were both excellent massages. In the early evening we headed up to the prosciutto and wine bar for some pre dinner drinks, GORGEOUS view from this bar, and nice service and wine recommendations from the bartender. I will say though, that this spot did become busy at times and they did not have enough staff to keep things going smoothly. The poor bartender was doing his best, but waiting 25 minutes just to order a glass of wine is too long. We had advised the hotel several weeks before our arrival that we would be dining at the hotel all three nights, and we would like a nice table outside. We were given the same amazing table each night and had the best views. The food was very good, not excellent, but unfortunately the menu doesn't change, so you are slightly limited. Service was very good. The area along the rocky coastline is designed well, and you just climb down small ladders to enter into the crystal clear water. No seaweed, and not murky, just lovely sea. Its about a 20 minute walk from the hotel to old town, and its a picturesque walk the entire way. All in all, this is a beautiful hotel and deserves five stars in my opinion, there are small things here and there that aren't quite up to par if you want to be picky, but overall the highest end hotel in Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: spend extra for a room with a view
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a comprehensive feedback about your impressions of Villa Dubrovnik. As I can see there were some minor issues and I just wish that you addressed it to me personally so we could fix it while you were with us. However, I am truly pleased to know that you still had a great time with us and experienced also our excellence and beauty by enjoying our gorgeous views, wine, food, beach, and massages.
Wishing that you will visit us again so we could talk in person and fulfill your requirements and needs for a perfect vacation.
Mirna Lončar Stražičić

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

The staff is amazing They are professional and quite possibly the friendliest I've encountered. The hotel is right on the ocean, the views are fantastic, the restaurant great, and the pool/ocean swimming very nice. The decor is modern and we'll appointed. It is located a short cab ride / 15 minute walk from the old city. The suite had a hot tub on the balcony which was wonderful.

The rooms are...odd. The bathroom has a clear glass wall. There is a curtain on the outside of the bathroom (why not on the inside?) that you can draw for privacy, but you can't get full privacy unless you jury-rig the curtain around a corner. I think the idea is to get an ocean view while using your bathroom, but the execution is flawed.

In the suite, the closet doors can bump into each other across a too small hallway and the thermostat was hard to read

In the regular room it was way too easy to have the shower leak - it's a shower/bath combo with a hinged glass shield that the water can easily get under if it's mis-positioned.

The king sized bed was lumpy and had two noticable troughs from (presumably) people sleeping.

All in all everything was great except for the rooms, which were OK, but less than expected for such an otheewise nice hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank TheAlexM
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear Mr Alex,

We value your effort in providing us with your detailed view of the stay. I do apologize for technical flaws that you pointed out and only wish that you reported it all to us while staying, so we could enhance and fix it and provide you with an impeccable stay.
However, I highly cherish for acknowledging our staff as one of the friendliest you've encountered as they take great passion in providing service to our guests. Also, It is nice to know you have enjoyed the restaurant, vies, beach and pool, as well as shuttle service and hot tub.
I hope we will have a chance to welcome you again.