Open today: 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Do yourself a favor, forget the other companies

THE BEST. From trip prep to communication to gear rental to the trek itself this company made the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
maddiegoldn
Texas
via mobile
Acatenango

Loved this trek! Our guides—Osvin, Henry, and Milton—were so sweet, knowledgable, and patient. It’s... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
O3731JYshannonp
Fort Collins, Colorado

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Antigua
from US$30.78
from US$90.00
from US$10.00
from US$66.00
More Info
All reviews extra snacks hiking poles sleeping bags amazing tour warm gear spaghetti extra hours guides speak acatenango volcano next morning these guys oatmeal visiting guatemala an amazing experience campfire headlamp tents
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021

I came to Guatemala not knowing what to expect and thanks to Wichos & Charlie, I’m leaving with the best memories. This volcano hike is a MUST DO and the views are out of this world! I felt like I was living in a dream and I didn’t want anyone to pinch me to wake up. I had the best experience with the group I was a part of and our guides, Brandon and Widman, made the journey so enjoyable.
The agency makes sure you’re prepared with gear (highly recommend multiple layers, hiking poles, and headlamps that you can rent when you get to the agency) and this really helped me during the hike, because the terrain is steep in some areas and it gets cold at night.
Oh! And the cabins are sooooo nice to sleep in at night after a day of hiking!!! I can’t wait to do this hike again with Wichos & Charlie.
YOU NEED TO BOOK THIS EXPERIENCE WITH THEM! YOU WON’T REGRET IT!!!!!!

Date of experience: December 2020
Jorge V, Owner at Wicho & Charlie's Volcano Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

We are so happy you had the best memories in Acatenango and with our tour company and guides. Thank you for leaving the recommendations on gear for future hikers.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

The guides: Great guys, attentive and accommodating. Very nice and available. They seemed experienced and to know the terrain well. They also seemed to really like what they were doing. No rushing or pressuring.
The tour is very well organized. I got the all inclusive, where you have the basic equipment included. They let you choose whatever you want from their gear rental closet, including water!
The food was more than enough! They provide lunch, dinner and breakfast and loads of snacks to keep you going. The hot chocolate was on point! Best I have ever tasted after such strenuous hike!
Base camp: the 8 people cabin could maybe be a bit crowded if 8 complete strangers stay there. Other than that, the sleeping bags and blankets were completely appropriate for the weather conditions, as was the actual cabin considering it actually rained for a good portion of the night.

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

If you’re thinking of hiking Acetenango you have to go with this company! Milton and Benjamin were incredible. This was a very hard hike but they were patient, polite, kind, and fun! Even when one hiker was not feeling great they offered to carry her stuff. The food was delicious and exactly what you would want to eat after a long hike! Thanks again for a very memorable trip up Acetenango!

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Amazingly organized. Guides where awesome, young and have a lot of knowledge. They can speak English and Spanish. Food was really good, dinner was my favorite. We hiked Fuego as well, more demanding but totally with it. Bring extra food for that. I recommend!

Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

These guys are the best, great guides who will also take you up fuego if you would like, comfortable cabins, a propane heater in case it rains and the fire won’t start. I absolutely loved it and felt safe the entire time. They also lend out hiking poles and equipment for free which is amazing.