“Bait & Switch -- Worthless Groupons” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kayak Annapolis LLC

Kayak Annapolis LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an easygoing, educational and exciting guided kayak tour through one of America's oldest seaports. Annapolis harbor and the United States Naval Academy will be the backdrop for our 3-hour, "history rich" adventure. Our guided tour is designed for everyone and anyone can navigate the waters with our sit-on-top kayaks.
Bel Air, MD
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bait & Switch -- Worthless Groupons”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

I wish I would have checked with Trip Advisor prior to purchasing 4 groupon tix. It appears several customers experienced the same issue as I did.

I tried several times over the summer to book a tour for (4) people using the vouchers I had. I had zero success on line booking a weekend tour. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong until I tried booking a tour for FULL PRICE and miraculously it worked. I called to see if I could book a trip and was informed that there was zero availability. When I mentioned that the web allowed me to book a full price fare I was then told that they reserve some voucher fairs but need full paying fairs so they can make some money.

My vouchers expires in a few days and although I won't lose my initial investment I will now have to double my cost if I want to utilize this gift. Another $120 to Kayak Annapolis is not worth it.

So I guess I will just chalk this up to a donation to Kayak Annapolis and hopefully potential customers will read this before purchasing vouchers and make a better decision then I did.

2 Thank bmhoop

Little Rock, Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

This is a great way to get out on the water and learn about Annapolis. We loved our guide Dustin. I had never been in a kayak before but it was an easy, leisurely trip.

1 Thank RazorbackGirlWPS
Annapolis, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Get out on Spa Creek with a paddle!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2016

This is a fun thing to do for a little time on the water and get some local history of the area. I think this would be fun for older children, maybe 8 and up. Don't have to be expert at the kayak. It is slow paced so older folks with mobility would enjoy as well. You can get wet so dress with that in mind and you will need to walk in the water getting in and out of the kayaks. So water shoes are nice to have with you. Bring sunscreen! They supply safety vests, waterproof bags and bottled water during the paddle.We were sorry not to have brought towels for our car seats! Something we forgot was towels for our car seats.Watch out for the bad jokes! Actually the guide was fun and informative on local information.

Visited July 2016
Herndon, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a couple of hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2016

My wife and I are experienced Kayakers, but you don't need to be to enjoy this tour. Our group was lead by Pete, and, as he says, he is a wealth of knowledge. Both useful and useless. He has a great sense of humor, and is really passionate about the subject matter. It is a great way to get a look at the beautiful homes, the city dock and the academy from the water for those of us that don't have the privilege of owning a boat. The group was small enough you were able to ask questions, but there was also plenty of time to just enjoy being on the water. I highly recommend this experience.

Washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Grea Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2016

We recently participated in a Sunday morning tour at 10 a.m. We used a 1/2 price voucher and I booked the reservation just days prior to the tour. We had zero problems booking the tour. You do need to use the link on their website that directs you to booking the tour using a voucher. Excellent experience with the voucher.

The tour itself was very nice. It was done at a relaxed pace with just the right amount of commentary from the guide. We had the owner of the establishment as our guide and you can tell right away that he truly enjoys his job. He has some corny yet appropriate jokes that will lighten the mood and keep things fun. We lucked out that the weather was absolutely perfect, about 80 degrees and no humidity in the summer in Maryland is unheard of but we got it.

The kayaks were very stable and well kept. If you have back problems kayaking is probably not going to be your thing, the seats are not comfortable, but exactly as both my husband and I expected.

We plan on keeping this in the rotation for visiting guests as something different to do when visiting. Will be back.

2 Thank KarenTravel_13