“Get out on Spa Creek with a paddle!”

Kayak Annapolis LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an easygoing, educational and exciting guided kayak tour through one of America's oldest seaports. Annapolis harbor and the United States Naval Academy will be the backdrop for our 3-hour, "history rich" adventure. Our guided tour is designed for everyone and anyone can navigate the waters with our sit-on-top kayaks.
Annapolis, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Get out on Spa Creek with a paddle!”
Reviewed August 23, 2016

This is a fun thing to do for a little time on the water and get some local history of the area. I think this would be fun for older children, maybe 8 and up. Don't have to be expert at the kayak. It is slow paced so older folks with mobility would enjoy as well. You can get wet so dress with that in mind and you will need to walk in the water getting in and out of the kayaks. So water shoes are nice to have with you. Bring sunscreen! They supply safety vests, waterproof bags and bottled water during the paddle.We were sorry not to have brought towels for our car seats! Something we forgot was towels for our car seats.Watch out for the bad jokes! Actually the guide was fun and informative on local information.

Visited July 2016
1 Thank Gail B

Herndon, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a couple of hours”
Reviewed August 22, 2016

My wife and I are experienced Kayakers, but you don't need to be to enjoy this tour. Our group was lead by Pete, and, as he says, he is a wealth of knowledge. Both useful and useless. He has a great sense of humor, and is really passionate about the subject matter. It is a great way to get a look at the beautiful homes, the city dock and the academy from the water for those of us that don't have the privilege of owning a boat. The group was small enough you were able to ask questions, but there was also plenty of time to just enjoy being on the water. I highly recommend this experience.

Washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Grea Experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2016

We recently participated in a Sunday morning tour at 10 a.m. We used a 1/2 price voucher and I booked the reservation just days prior to the tour. We had zero problems booking the tour. You do need to use the link on their website that directs you to booking the tour using a voucher. Excellent experience with the voucher.

The tour itself was very nice. It was done at a relaxed pace with just the right amount of commentary from the guide. We had the owner of the establishment as our guide and you can tell right away that he truly enjoys his job. He has some corny yet appropriate jokes that will lighten the mood and keep things fun. We lucked out that the weather was absolutely perfect, about 80 degrees and no humidity in the summer in Maryland is unheard of but we got it.

The kayaks were very stable and well kept. If you have back problems kayaking is probably not going to be your thing, the seats are not comfortable, but exactly as both my husband and I expected.

We plan on keeping this in the rotation for visiting guests as something different to do when visiting. Will be back.

2 Thank KarenTravel_13
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Relaxing and enjoyable way to see Annapolis from the water and also learn a few things”
Reviewed August 9, 2016

The Kayak Annapolis tour is a lot of fun and very informative. Dustin was our guide and he provided good information on all the sights along the way and interesting facts about the history of Annapolis. Dustin also gave good instructions for anyone who may be new to kayaking. Go on this tour and you will have a very enjoyable 2 hours. The tour is good not just for tourists, but for locals also. Although I have lived in the area for 20 years, this was the first time seeing Annapolis from the water and I am glad I did. Kayak Annapolis made it even more enjoyable and I would do it again.

1 Thank Matthew M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun trip, friendly guide”
Reviewed August 1, 2016

My husband and I had a fun 2 hours, kayaking through Annapolis with our group guide Max. Max kept up a running dialogue for the full two hours, cracking jokes and chatting with every single person on the way. We learned lots of historical and some plain "fun" facts about the town, and got some physical exercise too! I'd recommend the 4 PM tour because it was quite hot and sunny and I can't imagine doing an even earlier tour. There is water and granola bars provided mid-way, which is a very nice touch. Max and the other employees were very friendly and helpful and made this tour a fun adventure.
The only caveat is the tour seemed a little expensive for me, but we did use travelzoo vouchers which made the prices reasonable. Not sure I'd do it without the voucher.

Visited July 2016