Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
PaseoSal
San Francisco, California

5 Star quality.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 18, 2024
Hands down one of the best hotels in the capital. Best service ever. The rooms are clean and tidy. The food in the eateries are exquisite. When we were there, there was a huge wedding which took up a lot of room in the open, common area, but it was OK since we did not want to hang there anyway. Just mention it because it may come as a shick to anyone who is not expecting a full hotel take over by one family. The Metro Mall is walking distance. Cannot say enough about the cleanliness.
Date of stay: May 2024
    ₱4,887
67.4 km from InterContinental San Salvador - Metrocentro Mall
View more hotels in San Salvador
1,140 results
All reviews nau lounge metrocentro mall an oasis breakfast buffet comfortable rooms brazil picasso concierge ambassador security
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2024

I only stayed for 1 night as I landed in the middle of the night, but didn't want to stay in the city. I did manage to get a 90 min maasage with an express facial the night before I checked out. It was the best way to end my stay and night after a tour of San Salvador that same day. This is such a beautiful hotel. The service was wonderful and the room was very clean and cozy. Great location with many things to do around the hotel.

Room tip: I'm not a city person, but if you are book this hotel.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2024

This was a very good stay and now I've actually stayed at every InterContinental hotel in Central America except for the one in Costa Rica. Overall, this InterContinental location is similar to the other ones in the region in that it is a comfortable oasis in the middle of a hot, busy, sometimes chaotic city. The hotel itself structurally is older but overall pretty well-maintained. Rooms showed signs of some updates in the bathroom (although water leaked out from the shower all over the floor repeatedly.) The hotel room was very, very clean (so important!) with an excellent bed which is consistent across the region's InterContinental hotels--yeah--along with great quality towels. Air conditioning, while old and pretty noisy, was very effective which is so important in a place that's as hot as this! No complaints there. Windows do a great job blocking out the noise from the busy street outside. Location is also good.

In terms of areas that caused it to lose a star--the employees at the front desk are generally not very friendly. They're usually busy talking to each other and almost never would say hello, smile, or barely even look at you when you walk by them. (Even if you have been there for several days and its the same agents every day at the front desk, so they probably recognize you.) Not sure why they can't at least smile--who is training them? Wasn't really impressed with the dining choices--definitely not as good as the options at the Managua InterContinental hotel location. The hotel also didn't seem to be very interested in following through on benefits for IHG loyalty members--for example, as an Platinum Ambassador with InterContinental you're supposed to get a 4:00 pm check-out. I had to ask for it instead of it being offered (or even mentioned) and then when I did they didn't seem too familiar with the process of how to do it. They also never offered the 600 "welcome gift" points or mentioned the $20 credit that comes along with a stay if you have Ambassador status. (I of course did bring that up as I wasn't going to lose out on $20 which would have happened if I hadn't said something.)

So overall a strong hotel, definitely one of the best--if not the best--in the city, but not as good as some of the other InterContinental choices in the region specifically the InterContinental in Managua or Tegucigalpa. My main recommendation for the hotel is to train the employees, especially at the front desk, to be a bit more pleasant and friendly to their clients. (Rather than just chatting with each other when guests are walking by.)

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank matthewr613
Reviewed February 26, 2024 via mobile

I stayed at the InterContinental while traveling solo in El Salvador. I felt very safe and comfortable while staying here. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were updated, clean and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing walking distance really is the mall across the street but I had no problem getting Ubers or tours to pick me up to get other places. The complimentary water was nice but there is also a little market across the street if you need more. I only ate at the hotel one night for dinner but the food was good!

Overall very pleased with the hotel - it was very nice!

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2024

The intercontinental is supposed to be one of the better ones in the city but I was underwhelmed. The outside and lobby look promising but the rooms are outdated, cracks on ceilings, mini fridge does not cool properly, shower area and windows needs deeper cleaning. I was taken aback by the front desk staff their demeanor was dismissive/bored not friendly at all. The restaurant picasso/ NAU staff was very friendly and accommodating and food was good decently priced. But based on service and outdated rooms I would not recommend.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank isabella820
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental San Salvador - Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2024

Hi isabella820,

Thanks for staying at the InterContinental San Salvador-Metrocentro Mall. We value your business with us. We're determined to provide a space where guests can have a pleasant stay. I'm sorry for the conditions and level of customer service you encountered during your stay. I have alerted the hotel management about your comments. I am confident that steps will be taken to improve your lodging experience.

Again, thanks for staying with us. We welcome the opportunity to provide you with a pleasant stay.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed October 13, 2023

Overall good but beware it is under renovation. Business center was closed and the pool area is noisy because of the work. Very nice staff and good breakfast buffet. Rates are high for San Salvador and do not reflect that there is all this work going on. Would stay again, especially after renovation work is complete Not a great walking area around there. it's on a highway and not really near any important sights.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank TropicalTraveler78
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental San Salvador - Metrocentro Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2023

Hello TropicalTraveler78,

Hosting your stay is a pleasure for us. We appreciate you for choosing InterContinental San Salvador Metrocentro Mall for your accommodation needs. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am sorry to learn what happened. I've sent your feedback to our management team as a reference for improvements.

I hope to get another chance to host your next visit. We promise to make the value of your experience worth it for all the right reasons.

Yours in hospitality,