“My first and it was excellent!”

Thailand Energy Center of Thai Massage and Culture
Ranked #10 of 95 Spas & Wellness in Kiev
More attraction details
Owner description: Authentic Thai Massage in Kiev center at "Energy of Thailand" Thai Massage and SPA Salon on Pechersk District. Certified Thai therapists from WatPo Monastery (Bangkok).No "extra/erotic services" guarantee. Sabai room for massage for two and many other relaxing and energizing treatments.
Reviewed 25 January 2016

First Thai massage though I have had traditional massage before. This place is excellent! Although it was a bit hard to find even for my Ukrainian lady and the tax driver, once we arrived we were treated wonderfully! I really enjoyed the Thai massage and will make this part of my routine every time I visit Kiev. Massage therapists speak English too so that's a plus for me. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

I would like to recommend this place. If you have some time - do it! Great massage, wonderful staff! Manager Alexandra knows everything about high service. Enjoy!

Reviewed 24 March 2015

I traveled to Kiev, Ukraine from 3/18 - 3/24/2015 to take in some sights and see a friend. On Saturday, 3/21/2015, I had some extra time on my hands and thought I would get a massage. The incredible exchange rate on US currency (currently about 1 USD = 22 HRV) made the cost of any massage a no-brainer. Some friends who recently vacationed in the San Francisco, CA told me about a couples' Thai massage they had. They could not say enough good things about the experience, so I thought I would try a Thai massage.

Someone I know in Kiev recommended a place which was much closer to my hotel than Energy of Thailand. However, the website of the place recommended by a friend was only in Russian (or maybe it was Ukrainian). When I looked on the Energy of Thailand website, it was in Russian, Ukrainian, and English. All the information was there: various types of Thai massage, benefits of each type, cost per type for 60, 90, and 120 minute sessions, etc. I knew going in what things should cost so there wouldn't be any games. That's really the thing which first convinced me to go to Energy of Thailand.

The location is on a rather quiet street with light pedestrian and motor traffic. It's more of a residential street than a street with one business after another.

When I arrived, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist. She spoke fairly good English and asked that I remove my shoes. I believe Thai are Buddhists and do not wear shoes inside the home or business. I happily complied and was given a one-time use disposable pair of slippers to wear (kind of small for my feet seeing as I have a 13 EEEEE shoe size, but somehow I made it work).

The receptionist (sorry, I forgot her name) explained everything to me. Prices quoted were the prices noted on the website. I chose to go with a 90 minute "Energy of Thailand" massage.

As I mentioned, this was my first Thai massage. I didn't know what to expect. I am a fairly big guy - 6'2" and 295 pounds. I saw a rather petite Thai woman and thought this was never going to work. Her nickname is Pat. I could not have been more wrong. She worked wonders on my entire body. I am unable to say enough great things about her. She did not speak fluent English but spoke well enough to explain what was going to happen, and she understood my responses.

I have had regular massages before, but the Thai massage was far superior to any regular massage I ever had. The Thai massage involves some aspects of a regular massage but also incorporates various stretching activities. Pat really loosened up some tight areas. The massage also made it clear which areas I need to focus on in every day life.

Payment was made at the conclusion of the massage. On the website, they show a 10% discount for first-time customers but I never printed the certificate or coupon (actually, I'm not even sure there is one to print). This wasn't a problem as the receptionist told me about the 10% discount. I didn't have to ask about it. I didn't need any coupon or certificate. I had the cash but they suggested I pay with a credit card to get the best exchange of my money, and I did just that.

I was so pleased that I decided I was going to make time for another massage before leaving Kiev. I called on the telephone on Monday, 3/23/2015 and made an appointment for 5:30 in the afternoon for a 120 minute "Energy of Thailand" massage. I showed up around 5:10 and was greeted immediately by a different receptionist who also spoke English fairly well. They took me in right away (no waiting!!) and I again had Pat take care of me. Again, it was an absolutely fantastic experience.

Just so you're prepared for a couple things...the only attire you wear during the massage is a pair of one-time-use disposable underwear which is furnished to you. They are "one size fits all." Like I said, I'm a big guy but they were okay. Just remember that the larger piece of material goes in the front! Also, the massage session begins with the washing of your feet. I believe this also is a Buddhist tradition.

And finally, I should add that this is not a gimmick or any sort of erotic massage. These ladies know their business, they are true professionals, and they are exceptionally good at it.

I do not know when I'll return to Kiev. I am hoping it happens before the end of the year. Whenever it happens, I definitely will make a visit to Energy of Thailand Massage a priority!

2  Thank John G
DPankratov, Owner at Thailand Energy Center of Thai Massage and Culture, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2015

Dear John! Thank you for sharing your good experience after visiting our Thai massage salon in Kiev. We are very happy that our customers are satisfied and highly appreciate such detailed feedbacks. Looking forward to see you again at our place.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

I recently visited this massage salon. I visit al lot of them all over the world but now I work and live in Kiev and I had to find one over here. Using different once before I ended up at this Massage centre. Very professional and very good service. I strongly recommend this Thai Energy Center

6  Thank hans373