All reviewspaintings and sculpturesmodern artpool and jacuzzibiggest bedworks of artwalls are coveredbreakfast roomstar hotelbooked roomsunique hotelan upgradefifth floorminute walkexcellent hotellarge roombusy roadliving room
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

I brought a group with me to Sofia and we stayed at Hotel Anel. After exploring the rest of the country, my husband and I returned for 4 more nights at this hotel. The staff is very nice and helpful. Very accommodating, too. We enjoyed the breakfast included with our stay. Rooms are large, clean, and beautiful. Same for the bathroom. Lots of storage space. We actually had a small apartment with a kitchen and a living room. There's a balcony too. The walls are thick and soundproof. The art is amazing. It is like you are in a gallery. We loved it.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This is a really good deal in the middle of Sofia, an amazing suite with two large rooms and separate tv for kids cartoons, good service, parking in front of the hotel, great breakfast and all at a decent price; interesting look of the lobby with glass surrounding the poles and a few contemporary artworks.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Very Good Hotel. The reception staff is one of the best I ever met. The help with every request.very good breakfast, big rooms, everything is clean. Just try it.
The price is not cheap but you will receive good service for your stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016

There is something strange about this hotel: it is absolutely packed with works of art, paintings and mostly sculptures. Some are nice, but not all. The feeling is of having sneaked into a museum and that they will soon come and get you !
Also, you enjoy modern art in a street which reminds you of the old communist times.
But the oddest (and most frightening) experience I have ever lived was in the taxi called by the hotel reception to take us to a restaurant . I stepped out of the car while my husband was handing the driver a banknote.Next thing I knew I was in a dark little side street, all alone, without money ! The car had simply disappeared, with my husband in it ! Don't ask me how I felt for the next 5 minutes, while my cell phone wasn't working. Explanation: the taxi driver just wanted to go and find some change, so he didn't listen to my husband's protestations. Moreover, he couldn't speak a word of any other language except Bulgarian and behaved like the Neanderthal man ! Anyway, I blamed the hotel reception who called such a taxi company for us !

On the good side, the hotel offers sumptuous 2-room 2-bathroom apartments, with living area, for a very competitive price.

Room Tip: Just ask for an apartment, you will certainly get it.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

I have been at this hotel 4-5 times. Its value for money is the best. Very big rooms, amazing breakfast and nice spa center. The location is good, 200m from the metro and you can visit the center on foot too.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends