Hotel Opal Home
US$100
Hotel VIP(Sarajevo)
US$90
US$85
All reviewsfirst floormodern hotelbreakfast roomtop floorgreat central locationparking spaceamenitiesbathroomtvminibar
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in The Opal Home to finish off a hectic week of travel. Perfect location, right in the heart of the city. All the city sights are within a short walk .
Staff were very friendly and helpful . Could not fault the warm welcome and cleanliness. For the record we stayed on the first floor and we never had any problems with bad smells or sewage . Only negative is as it is so central it is a little noisy , especially with trams and late night revellers ( there are several bars very close to the hotel ). For us it was not a big problem but best to point it out . We found the glass partition to the bathroom quiet unique and quirky . But again it's not to everyone's taste .
All in all a very nice and comfortable end to our trip.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is second time I am staying at hotel Opal. It is great location and I really appreciate the attentiveness of their staff. It is right in the heart of the old town, minutes walking distance to some historical sights. Wonderful staff.

There are two things I was very disappointed by.

First, was breakfast- in a city with abundance of fresh fruits it was sad to see some of the canned fruits served for breakfast.

Other fruits were not fresh. Oranges that were cut in slices were the same both mornings. They must have been out for some time as their were all wrinkled.

I hoped some of the other food like yoghurts would be better quality too.

Second, was the smell of sewage in my room. For two days it was impossible to sleep or stay in the room without have the balcony door open. It reeked, not just smelled of sewage. Few times I felt like I was going to throw up.

Sadly, when I raised this at the reception as I was checking out, although the receptionist was extremely friendly she wouldn't even give a discount.

My advice, if you are staying in that hotel and you a solo traveler, request a room on higher floors, and stay away from the first floor.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2016

The staffs were very nice and helpful. Whatever I need, they tried their best to look for me. The check out date I left at 6am so I was not able to have breakfast at hotel. They packed a box with some bread and jams, butter etc so that I could have something to eat at the airport. I felt so much like home. The location is perfect. In just two minutes I could get to the old town where all shops and restaurants located. And it is next to the river Miljacka. I walked along the river and studied the history of the bridges.
There is nowhere in the bathroom to hang the towels. Be prepared that you will hear the tram passing by with "ding ding" sound. Some people may not like this noise (to me this is no problem).

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Situated in the heart of the City, this is a small very modern hotel where design triumphs over function. The see-through bathroom will not be to everyone's taste, nor will the absence of anywhere to hang a wet towel or a bathrobe. We booked a twin room, but it was (as they all are) a double room, which may be OK for couples but definitely not for two unattached people travelling together, as we were. Decent breakfast, but served with a scowl! Also the emergency exit stairs from the 6th floor restaurant were totally obstructed by large pot plants! No chance of sleeping in as the trams are very noisy and the building site next door started work at 7 a.m. One couple in our party reported the aircon not working but it was never fixed. On the plus side it is beautifully clean.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2016

12 Rooms, Small Reception Area, Cleanliness gets 10 out of 10. Located on a side street, close to Latin Bridge and 2 minutes walk from Old Town. The jewel in the crown is its Staff, just so helpful and friendly and interested. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: 402 had a view across the river, very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple