Samm Seher Hotel
Hotel VIP(Sarajevo)
US$90
Priceline
US$113
All reviewseconomy roomwonderful hostsreception areaold townstayed two nightsclean roomstram stopother guestsfirst floorfew stepsstay there againrecommend this hotelhotel is locatedexcellent locationcityaccommodationhallway
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I stayed at Samm Seher in June 2017. Mohamed Gamil, the hotel manager, told me that the tourists would share his hotel: Samm Seher and the hotel near Hotel Boutique 36. On the night of leaving Bucharest, he sent me an email and told me that we won't stay at the 2 originally established hotels, and we will have the tourists divided into 3 hotels: HOTEL ŠEHER, Hotel Bosnian Rose (with 2 separate buildings), Hotel Telal. When we reached the hotel door and tried to accommodate the tourists, the manager closed the door in front of the tourists, on the grounds that the accommodation had to be paid before the two coaches were accommodated. Of course that we have to spend 15 more minutes in the sun, in front of the hotel till the manager gave us invoices and pay everything. Problems continued to appear. The place where breakfast is served is very small - just for 12 people, the tourists had to rotate in the morning, eat quickly and go outside. Of course that there is the possibility to go on the terrace to eat, with your plate, 2 floors up. I did not like the collaboration with the manager, he seems to inflated, he yelled to me as a collaborator and group organizer, I felt at all times that I had to protect myself from being stolen. You don't change the hotels in the middle of the night so that you can't have the possibility to choose something else. The reason why he told us that Hotel Boutique 36 don't accept us, is that that particular hotel does not accept Romanians. But my reservation was 3 months earlier. He had plenty of time to tell me this.

Room Tip: good location, near the city center
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Diana_Larisa
Mohamed G, Owner at Samm Seher Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Diana,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we highly appreciate and take into consideration all our guest comments and reviews.
And thank you for pointing out that this Hotel Owner managed successfully to accommodate 87 of guests in downtown Sarajevo in the middle of high season.
As for the payment issue that you raised: I have to point your attention to the fact that you are the one who refused to pay for the accommodation ahead of time and insisting to pay in cash upon arrival, so I am not sure what is the complain all about when you in fact made the deal.
As for our breakfast: Well .. as a hotel with a 12 rooms, my restaurant has 16 seats, and I have to drew your attention that it was a smooth operation, very successfully and we have been praised here in TripAdvisor from your guests that you are now complaining on their behalf.
In the End, I understand that dealing with almost 6000 guests a year it would be impossible task to satisfy each and everyone of them (although it is our goal) ... but successfully we have a satisfaction rate of 92.8% which got us "TripAdvisor 2017 Certificate of Excellence Award" .. and for us that speaks volume.
Thank you again for your comment and thank you for your business.,

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We go to Sarajevo 2-3 times per year and this will be our preferred hotel. It is small and still undergoing some renovations from when the new owners bought it, but the rooms are very nice, the service is excellent and it is perfectly located near the old part of town.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank kennethkbradford
Mohamed G, Owner at Samm Seher Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Kenneth,
I thank you very much for being such a frequent and valued guest at our beloved hotel, and thank you for taking the time to share your your thoughts and experiences with all of us here.
And thank you for praising our services and our excellent location.
I look forward to welcome you once again in the near future,

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The price was really good for the service we received. The crew was really friendly, the room was cozy, and I pretty much liked the location being very close to the city center, the shopping mall, and the landmarks

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank hala_elsameraey

Dear Hala,
I first would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your warm and wonderful review with us, we certainly appreciate it and we appreciate more hosting you as one of our valued guest.
Thank you for pointing out our impeccable location and our award winning staff, they do it from the heart.
I hope we get another to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Normal Hotel, clean, reasonably priced, where the owner arranged a parking spot in the street in front of the hotel, with a simple breakfast that is worth the 4 euros, with friendly staff, who even booked tours around the city and explained everything, with a unique characteristics: it is close to the old center and the most important attractions of the city and you can walk. Worth it!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank paulod149
Mohamed G, Owner at Samm Seher Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your nice appeasing of our hotel and our award winning staff.
And thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay during your visit to Sarajevo, we enjoyed serving you, looking forwards to welcome you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We enjoyed our stay. The location was great and the roof terrace an added bonus. The breakfast was also very nice. Although the room was a bit small it was comfortable. We would definitely recommend this place as good value for money.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Natalie,
I thank you so much for your warm words and thank you for metioning our delisious breakfast, award winning staff who got us "TripAdvisor 2017 Certificate of Excellence Award" and our level of comfort.
We enjoyed having you here and looking forwards to welcome you back in the near future.