All reviews business trip miraflores area room was clean password tv desk laundry cereal
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located in front of the USA embassy and El Polo shopping area. The location is ok if you have to be in the area but definitely not for tourist since most attractions are far away and traffic in Lima is a nightmare. In terms of quality, the rooms are clean with comfortable beds. But they are dated, with green carpets and colorful paintings. The bathrooms are spacious but also a little dated. There is no coffee machine in the bedrooms. The best thing about the hotel is the cleaning crew who does an excellent job. The front desk customer service is ok but not a five stars quality. The breakfast has basic items but is quite repetitive if you stay for a long time. In general this is a traditional 3 stars hotel that is showing its aging. Not even close to 4 or 5 International stars.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
GerenciaelPolo, Director General at El Polo Apart Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear guest,
We greatly appreciate your comment as they help us improve and guarantee an excellent experience in your next visit, we inform you that we are doing remodeling in our rooms so you have a better stay. In addition, we wanted to let you know that we are very proud of our collaborators who fulfilled their expectations.

Atte.
The General Management

Reviewed 7 December 2017

There's nothing wrong with this hotel. Location is great relevant to where my business takes me, the place is clean and they make an effort to keep the customer happy. Breakfast is OK, bed is comfortable, shower is nice. There are several restaurants almost next door in an arcade-type setting.

That being said, if 3 stars is "average" and 4 is "very good", I can't bring myself to rate them a 4. The towels are small, my room was small, the whole place feels somewhat dated, and there are other options nearby that I find provide better value for a similar price.

So, nothing wrong and no complaints, I'd stay there again if my other preferred places were not available... but no praise either. A nice, average hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
GerenciaelPolo, Gerente at El Polo Apart Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comment that help us to improve our services.
We just want to told that very soon we're going to have a remodelation in our areas and we are sure that we're going to be one of your preferred places too.
Hope to see you soon.

Best regards,
General Management.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I always stay here every time I go to Lima and never disappoints.
Comfy bed and pillows. Love the showers.
Plugs are both flat and round as well as 110v and 220v.
Great attention.
Awesome location but far from the airport. I mean, it is only 10 miles away but due to traffic you spend at least hour and a half to get there.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
GerenciaelPolo, Gerente at El Polo Apart Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment and be a loyal guest of us. We'll be waiting for you, to give you the best of us as always.

Have a great day!.

Regards,
General Management.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I stayed this hotel for three nights on business. The room was clean, but the furnishings are outdated. The room had a long hallway followed by a step down to the main portion of the room. When I was shown the room by the porter, the lights were not all illuminated, and I missed the step down. I fell down hard, but fortunately, I was not hurt. This was a very odd design, so I would suggest one takes extra care to note the room configurations.

The breakfast buffet had a reasonable selection of items (e.g. eggs, breads, cheese, meats, cereal, fruit, juices) to start the day.

The hotel has free wifi, but the connection was regularly closed after ~5 minutes of idle time. This became quite annoying as I probably put the password into my cell phone about 20 times during my stay.

The reception spoke English, and check-in and check-out was very easy. The hotel also arranged my transportation to/from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We're really sorry for the inconvenient that you had in our room, just few rooms have these stile, but we're in remodeling, so be sure that in your next stay you'll have the best comfortable room.

Your comment helped us to improve quickly these services, so we appreciate it.

Best regards,
General management.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Stayed October 2015 on a two day business trip. Check in was smooth. Room was large and had all of the requisite services. Slightly dated furnishings but nothing that adversely impacted my stay. Excellent bathroom and shower with adjustable shower head. The hotel has its own line of toiletries which is very nice.

The hotel offers buffet breakfast in its on premises restaurant. Not a large selection of breakfast options but certainly acceptable for business travelers.

Most notable about this hotel is it's close proximity to the US Embassy. If you have business at the embassy it is literally across the street. Also because the embassy is nearby you feel extremely safe walking the streets at night. Another nice plus is that there is a shopping plaza right next to the hotel. it is very upscale and clearly underscores that there is definitely a segment of Peruvians and expat business types with considerable wealth in Lima. Very upscale McDonald's for example a long with a number of nice restaurants, gelato/ coffee shops, drug stores and designer boutiques.

Not a great hotel but very serviceable for business.

Room Tip: Buffet breakfast in hotel ok but venture out for dinner... numerous options in walking distance!
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
GerenciaelPolo, Gerente at El Polo Apart Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank very much you for your comment, about our Hotel.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed the service and the location, As you indicate, we are located in a safe place, in front of the United States Embassy, inside El Polo Shopping Mall, and you can find all necessary to your pleased stay, a variety of stores, banks, gym, library, the best boutiques, Restaurants, financial center, etc., Five minutes from the Jockey Plaza Shopping Center, the largest and most modern and important of Peru, near to the hotel you can find The Peruvian Gold Museum, and The National Museum.

We appreciate your comments

We hope to have you again with us in your next stay

Best Regards