“Decent restaurant / honest and kind efforts ”
Review of Wallqa Restaurant

Wallqa Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 3,186 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are peruvian creative cuisine. We cherish our traditions and introduce them with an original and innovative twist which makes it absolutely unique. We are located in Miraflores, the safest area in LIma. We provide you with the best ingredients of these lands including the most delicate and exclusive cocktail drinks.
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This was a great evening with some very tasty dishes. We definitely enjoyed our meal. The personnel did their best to explain the dishes in English. A manager had to come to give us a better understanding. They were very kind and polite... the food was great. We definitely recommend wallqa. It's mostly Peruvian fusion with modern cuisine.
One thing that surprised us was that it was a Saturday night and there were a lot of empty tables. It's a shame as this is a very good restaurant.
This restaurant has some of the cooking school students help in the kitchen on week-days apparently.
I think lighting and atmosphere could be improved a little bit.
The price was also very reasonable. Definitely great value for money !
I would come back here for sure

Reviewed 5 May 2017

The ambience of this restaurant is lovely. They are very welcoming on your arrival. I love it when a restaurant brings a little stool so you don't need to put your handbag on the floor. They did that. The waitress, Jenny, was so charming and well informed. Her English is limited but way better than my Spanish. We were there for lunch. The menu is all in Spanish so a dictionary would have been helpful. We ordered the rocoto relleno which was fabulous! I've never had such creamy quinoa. It was like they cooked it risotto style. For my main course I had the loto saltado, I think it is a national dish and has beef tenderloin, tomatoes, potatoes rice and corn. It was so good! My husband had the calamari. It must have been wonderful because he forgot to offer me a bite. Victor, the maitre d, was very charming. After just the 3 dishes -oh and the Andean bread with a really interesting butter and the amuse bouche with duck and golden berries as well a a little refreshing sweet after the meal - we want to return and try some more. But if this is what the culinary school is teaching their students, I have high expectations for the future of dining in Lima. The prices are reasonable- 3 dishes, 2 glasses of wine, bottled water and coke for $60.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We went today for a lunch and reserved at Wallqa. This is the practice ground of the cordon blue, so expectations are high. The restaurant looks beautiful and chairs are comfy. We ordered hamburgers for the kids, fish, lomo saltado and a beef stew (for over 12 hours cooked), portions looked rather small but at the end everybody was fulfilled. We took a ceviche to share as a starter together with the crispy wantan. The ceviche was nice but the Wantan was rather bland. Everybodies plate was up to taste and prices are around S/.36-38 so very acceptable. My fish though was too dry so I had to drown it in the accompanying ramen sauce for flavour and taste. A glass of Norton Malbec wine for S/.14 and juices were nice.
I can recommend this place.
cheers Mark

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant came as a really nice surprise. Food was great, well prepared. Service was also very good. Will come back.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a dinner at Wallqa. Very nice menu with nice selection. We had two main courses and a desert with a bottle of wine. Our main waitstaff spoke very good english. They do have English menu for main course and desert. Very nice res truant in nice neighborhood.