“By far the most amazing experience ever!!!”
Review of Alpaca Expeditions

Alpaca Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 554 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpaca Expeditions is an experienced culture and adventure travel company that creates customized tours for travelers visiting Peru. We will work with you to create the trip of a lifetime, whether you dream of trekking through the Andes on a 4 day climb to the lost city of the Incas or conquering the heights of Macchu Picchu through the indulgence of a luxurious train, let us make all your dreams come true. Alpaca Expeditions is the only company using satellite phones to operate adventure trekking tours to Machu Picchu as your safety is more important to us.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our experience with Alpaca Expeditions was amazing, words can not explain the wonderful experience we had. Booking and Payment were a breeze. The pre-trip information that they sent out was perfect. Our super chaski's and chef, Roger, were wonderful! They took great care of us every step of the way. The food was wonderful and plentiful, you should not go hungry (we ate a ton!). But what really made our trek were our guides Ronald S and Robinzon. They were informative and easy to understand, they answered every question but most of all they knew how to take care of everyone's abilities. My husband was able to hike ahead with the front of the group and I was able to move along at my own pace. At one point I remember asking Ronald if he thought I could make it and he answered a very quick YE, which was very reassuring. This was the hardest thing I have ever done but the most rewarding! Robinzon became a master at explaining all the plants along the trek in an effort to distract me from the trail ahead, thanks for the encouragement. I can not say enough about this group, I would not trade a moment (even the rough ones) on the trail for anything. This was the best travel experience I have had and while I hiking is not my favorite, I would consider doing this again with this group! If you are considering the Inka trail, please jump at the chance to do it, book with Alpaca Expeditions and ask for Ronald S and Robinzon as guides. There are not enough amazing words to be said, the journey there really was the most rewarding experience and I feel I have made many friends for life!

2  Thank Mary B
Diego M, Public Relations Manager at Alpaca Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mary B,

Words like yours give us strength and happiness to keep on the good work. We know the staff that we work with and we are grateful with them always, they are the heart and soul of this company. Ronal, Robinson and all the green machine want to thank you for taking the time to mention them and the work they did. It was a pleasure to be with you on this adventure, you are part of our family now.

Bests, Raul Ccolque

Write a ReviewReviews (3,231)
All reviews
"sun gate"
"warm water to wash"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a great experience that was had with Alpaca Expeditions! It was so nice to not have to manage the coordination of transport, tickets, permits, food, etc. Great history lessons all along the way. Our English speaking guides were super patient when we needed rest, help carrying things, taking photos, answering questions, and giving advice. I did the 2 night with hotel and it was fab. The lunch at the top of the mountain was delightful and home cooked by the locals. It was a great communal meal for everyone to enjoy. The hotel was wonderful, very clean, hot water, lush thick towels, and fresh cut roses everywhere (a nice touch). Breakfast was included to kick off the day. The only negative feedback I had was the dinner location they choose, I didn't feel like the staff was attentive or the food was notable. I really enjoyed my time with these folks. information was put out repeatedly and very clearly that allowed you to set expectations of each segment of the day. Plastic ponchos were provided as well as some snacks and 1 bottle of water each day in addition to the meals.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
AlpacaExpeditions, Owner at Alpaca Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear amandaaaas,

We appreciate your kind words about the friendly and amazing customer service you received from all our team, we are glad you had great time on your expeditions, hope you come back one day to hike another trek.

Bets

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My group of 6 did the 4 day Salkantay trek with Juan Carlos as our tour guide along with 2 chefs and 2 porters. Their number one priority was to keep us safe, well fed, and comfortable. As a bonus, they knew the best spots for great views and to capture photos. Juan Carlos was like a magician navigating through the mountain range. He knew the best times to be at specific spots to capture photos without worrying about clouds, rain, etc. He is very experienced and knows the mountain range like his backyard. I highly recommend you book your trek through Alpaca Expeditions and get to know the people of this expedition. You should definitely request the trek with Juan Carlos for optimal experiences!

Dear Vinh D,

First off I would like to thank you for your feedback, its nice to heard you had a great time with our team in our new branded route called salkantay trek, We hope to see you in the next expeditions..

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had the best time doing the classic Inca Trail with Wilson and Ronny. Our guides were informative, funny, and kept our spirits up through the (occasional) rain. The porters were also fantastic and it was so fun playing marbles with them on our third afternoon. Also, the food was AMAZING! Virgilio turned out the most amazing meals. We truly felt spoiled with Alpaca Expeditions. I would 100% recommend anyone to book a tour with Alpaca. From start to finish, everything was top notch and so much fun.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Amber D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for letting us know how you feel, your positive comments make us to keep working hard and create a lifetime experience, glad you had a great time with our guides Wilson and Rony.