“Outstanding Peru Tour Experience with David Mayhuire Ramos”
Review of Private Tours Peru

Private Tours Peru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travel -trips - Vacations . Adventure ,fly Fishing - Trips Of Cultural Immersion - Trekking - Cooking Classes- Bird Watching Tour - Rafting - Horseback Riding And Other
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Visit Peru with David Ramos. David makes your Experience Wonderful! You will LOVE your visit! The March 2018 Trip of Kemp and Rosita!!!

David Expedition Peru

Most people do not think of traveling to Peru, but it is the most amazing country with truly intriguing history, wonderful dining, kind and friendly people, easy direct flights from NYC of 9 hours. And in the Eastern Time Zone, that is “no Jet Lag.”

My wife and I travel extensively (mostly in Europe). But Peru was a challenge. This was a new country for us and the largest country we had ever visited. We studied extensively about the places to see, but the many sites in Peru and its size made us nervous about the visit, after all, we only had 10 days. We looked online and found this David Ramos. He had 114 reviews on Trip Advisor and all but seven were outstanding. People raved about David’s passion, knowledge of Peru, FRIENDSHIP, and incredible photographic skills. In late February we E-mailed him and received a call the next day. Luckily, David was available in late March 2018. David and my wife then planned the rest of the vacation for us. David noted “very carefully” that because Machu Picchu was a protected UNESCO site (limited number of visitors allowed on site each day) that we needed to purchase tickets for both the city and the train up to the Machu Picchu in advance of our visit in mid-March. Both were easily reserved online.

David is INCREDIBLE, and we were so happy with our visit to Peru and how much we saw and learned! He guided us for seven days. Picking us up at the airport in Cusco, Peru. He drove us on Tours throughout Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Cusco and to the site of the last Inca Andean Grass Bridge in the world in Southern Cusco. Each day was 10 hours long with David taking us to see the most amazing sites: Machu Picchu, the 1.5 mile Inca trail from Machu Picchu to Sun Gate, Sacsayhuaman the fortress above Cusco, South Valley of Cusco – Canas Province including the one and only Inca bridge made of Andean grass, Chinchero an original Inca town, the Incan Salt mines of Maras, the most incredible experimental crop structures (like Greenhouse) of earth and stone in Moray, the Incan fountains of Pukapukara, and MORE. We loved all the Peruvian people we met..

We have used many Private Guides throughout the World, but David’s services are absolutely at the top of all those experiences. His FRIENDSHIP, knowledge of Peruvian history and culture, and many touching stories about Peru were really Wonderful. And we loved how much he knew about creative picture taking with our iPhones. We will visit Peru with David again.

1  Thank KemptonCoady2345
davidexpeditionsperu, Manager at Private Tours Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thaks very much my good friend Kempton and wonderful friend Rosita next time will go visit other part of Peru, for sure you will be in love with Peru . Take care please your best friend David .

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"cusco airport"
"unesco site"
in 2 reviews
"an excellent tour guide"
"alpaca farm"
"spending days"
"tremendous amount"
"touring cusco"

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After all of the 5 star reviews, I trusted David to provide a private tour of Machu Picchu, even though he wasn’t always quick to respond. I read the contract he provided and we made our way to Machu Picchu. That’s where the issues began.

David sent one of his staff for our tour. He was holding a sign for 3 people - we stated PRIVATE tour, 2 people. After a bit of back and forth we left the train to drop our bags at the hotel.

Then he asks us for our train and Machu Picchu Tickets. I looked at him surprised. He said you don’t have tickets? I said no, David didn’t tell me to buy tickets. He calls David and David insults me saying I didn’t read the contract and I am the only one in 10 Years that hasn’t purchased tickets. I find that hard to believe. (After reading the contract again - no where does he inform us of the needed tickets) SO we waste 2 hours in line waiting for tickets and the bus to Machu Picchu. Luckily it wasn’t prime season or we may not have been able to get tickets for the same day! Not only that, the guy who was going to be our guide says he no longer will be our guide and we need to call Frank at the top of the mountain - he basically dumped us. We get to the top and Frank is waiting. He says one more person is coming and we need to wait 30 minutes? Wait, what?! Again, we paid for a PRIVATE TOUR, and followed everything in the contract (which didn’t say anything about buying tickets - and David now confirms he forgot to tell us). That’s when we said, forget it we’re done!! We told him we weren’t waiting another 30 minutes and we were not paying the price of a private tour for them to add one more person. We walked away and got an amazing PRIVATE TOUR guide for $60 USD! David charged us $150 USD which we needed to prepay via wire transfer. Then when he got it he told me we only paid $196 instead of $220 (included private tour and car service the next day). I said no, we paid the full $220 and he said crazy bank fees. Not my problem, we paid the way he asked and by the way, I had to pay and additional $45 to send him the wire. I should have known when he tried to scam the additional money to just walk away.

We decided not to use his car service because we changed trains and he didn’t respond to changing the time.

David promised he’d return our tour money to our hotel in Cusco. (He had all the hotel information because he was arranging a car.) SURPRISE, he didn’t. I told him our itinerary and he emails at 7:15 pm the night before we are leaving saying he wants to deliver it in person. I didn’t have my phone on me to see the email, but seriously you promised you’d leave it at the hotel that day and you didn’t! I emailed him the morning telling him to keep the money since he can’t follow through with anything and we are leaving for Lake Titicaca!

WORST experience ever and I’ve been to more than 30 countries! This is not my first rodeo! He charges more than 2x the price and doesn’t deliver!! Stay away!!! We will also be contacting the tourism department to raise a complaint!

davidexpeditionsperu, Manager at Private Tours Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Sorry your review don't belong to this site , if your experience was bad with one guide ,and you tour it wasn't well organized in Peru you need to do your review for the correct company .
our company works with a lot responsability , are there many companies with almost the same name , but your review don't belong us , please check your review, we will appreciate .

Reviewed 22 March 2018

David was fantastic. He thought of every detail to make an amazing trip and was very knowledgable.

He handled the details of Cusco, Macchu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, and Arequipa as well as getting from place to place. He set the times perfectly so we would avoid crowds and have fantastic photos.

David even helped us change hotels when he realized that we'd have a better time in a different location. He was fantastic.

1  Thank ta907
davidexpeditionsperu, Gerente at Private Tours Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks very much for share your vacation with us , will be a pleasure work with you in the future too.
your journey in the best hands ...

Reviewed 24 February 2018

My family spent 2 days with Frand as our tour guide, first around the Inca sites near Cusco and the next day in the Sacred Valley. Frand was one of the best tour guides we've ever had! He leads his tours with an incredible amount of knowledge about each of the sites, the engineering behind them as well as their meaning to the Inca people. He has a wonderfully engaging personality and truly each member of our family, 2 older adults, 2 young adults and one teenager thoroughly enjoyed the days we spent with Frand and really learned a tremendous amount. Had I known he was such a fabulous guide I would have booked our tour of Machu Picchu with him as well.

Frand helps his brother David with tours but also books tours on his own. He can be reached directly at mayhui_45@hotmail.com.

I highly recommend Frand to anyone seeking tour guides around any of the Inca ruins in the Cusco, Ollantaytambo, and Machu Picchu area. In addition, the prices of his tours are very reasonable.

3  Thank SharonPollack