Lowest prices for your stay
US$105
Free cancellation until 07/12/21
PricelineUS$89
eDreamsUS$89
Orbitz.comUS$105
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2020

Unaytambo is located on a pedestrian only street so it is quiet and peaceful. It is also only a 5 minute walk to the Plaza de Armas.

The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a constant supply of hot tea and coca leaves to make tea for the altitude. The buffet breakfast (fresh fruit and juices, cereal, breads, meat and cheese) is delicious and starts being served at 5:30am so if you have an early tour, you will be able to eat.

Cusco can be cool at night, even in the summer. Our room had panel heaters that took the chill out of the air. The beds had warm duvets and heavy blankets. The shower had a strong supply of hot water as well.

We had a lovely stay and would book Unaytambo Boutique Hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Carrbike
Reviewed 11 October 2019

Writing this in our room on the third night of our Cusco stay. This is a bit spendy for Peru ($351 USD for 3 nights) but well worth it with the "Navel of the Incan worldview literally across the street. (KoriKancha and the Santo Domingo temple is one of the most important Incan sites, as far as the Inca were concerned.)
The breakfast is good. We are ikn room 204 facing the street and they have worked hard to reduce street noise with doors to close off the balcony and then think modern glass doors on the room side of the balcony. It work well...the room is quiet. The stairs up are indeed steep...get used to steep stairs ...it is Peru.
The staff especially Jessica at the front desk are helpful. On arrival we had some difficulty getting the TV, Safe, Heater (great heater) and WiFi to work...but they helped get us oriented. We are able to easily walk to and from the Plaza de Armas, and Jessica arranged a taxi tour of four Archaeological sites with a great driver ($120 Sols). I highly recommend this place Sure there are a few creeks in the floor...it was built in the 17th Century built on Inca foundations. Why does Lonely Planet not list this place? Ya got me there.
BTW, we both speak fairly good Spanish. Likely the staff have English but I did not test that.

Room tip: Ask for room 204. Fantastic!
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 16 August 2019

I stayed at the hotel with my family in August 2019. The room was beautifully decorated and sparkling clean. The staff is really friendly and with a great attitude. Breakfast has everything we needed and beatifully presented. Overall a great stay.

Room tip: The superior rooms on the second floor offer a fantastic direct view to the Coricancha Temple. Room 204 has a great view.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 4 August 2019

My daughters and I spent two nights at the Unaytambo Hotel while we were visiting Cusco and had an absolutely wonderful experience! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel is cozy and beautifully decorated. The location is perfect...very convenient to the Plaza de Armas and many more interesting sites and shopping areas. I would highly recommend this hotel for others who are visiting Cusco and if we ever have the opportunity to go back, we will plan on staying with our new friends at Unaytambo!

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Yeshicusco, Director de Recepción at Unaytambo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2019

Dear Lori
We appreciate your beautiful words, it was a pleasure to meet you and your daughters, all the staff never forget you.
Remember that we´ll always be waiting for you since Unaytambo Hotel is your home.
Warm regards

Unaytambo Staff.

Reviewed 4 August 2019

This review is about a year overdue and my apologies to the wonderful employees Yeshica, John, Gloria, Yahir? and Gerald. I hope they still work there to view this, and if not have moved onto even better things.

What a fascinating place to visit. The hotel is in a perfect location. Each day I went out walking and besides the museums and the Spanish/Inca architecture, everything was nearby. I think there was a parade every morning, honoring different saints. I'd just stop and watch for about 20 minutes then continue on my walks.

The hotel employees were incredibly accommodating and helpful, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were CLEAN, the breakfasts were fine (standard for Peru, but you could ask for something and they would bring it to you). The building was just so lovely--it was like being part of the history of the area.

The only negative is not the hotel's fault--just those of us out-of-shape folks who don't do well with the altitude--well, stairs (again, standard in Peru--no ADA anywhere) and even just walking sometimes took it's toll on me. All the tea, leaves and meds only helped a bit! I didn't get sick but I found it hard to breath. It never occured to me to try supplemental O2 that I saw in various places, either. I don't think I needed that but I did avoid stairs and steps as much as I could. I'd go back without thinking about it, and I'd definitely stay at Unaytambo again, but I"d do less each day and stay longer. And lose weight or try the O2 : )

Room tip: We had 3 rooms between us and all were fine. We were all upstairs so didn't go in and out very frequently.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank bzribee

Hello my dear
Nice to hear that you had a beautiful stay in Cusco and in our hotel.
It is good to know that you didn´t need extra oxygen since you are a very strong and adventurous person, we are sure that you´ll return to Cusco and we´ll definitely be waiting for you.
big hug for you

Yeshica, Jhon, Gloria, Yahir... Gerald move to another job but surely he also sends you many greetings!!!.

Best reagrds