“Perfect way to see the city! ”
Review of Tours 4 Tips

Tours 4 Tips
Ranked #3 of 59 Tours in Valparaiso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Pay What You Want" Walking Tours Everyday of the week at 10am and 3pm in Valparaíso, Chile. We meet at Plaza Sotomayor every day of the week. Our guides wear red and white striped t-shirts like the children's book 'Where is Wally' or 'Where's Waldo' on some countries, so it is easy to find us. The tour is a 2,5 hour highlights walk through the city.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I was only in Valparaiso for two days but ended up doing a tour both days - it was the perfect way to see parts of the city I’d never seen before and to revisit my favorite spots with new information! I first took the Highlights tour with CJ. He clearly loved what he does, as he led us through the pouring rain and cold weather. He did a great job of keeping the tour engaging, interesting, and fun, and knew so much about Valparaiso! The next day, I took the morning Offbeat tour with Leo. It was so interesting to learn about the politics, history, and culture of some of these lesser visited parts of Valparaiso. Leo was so nice and made the tour so much fun for everybody!

expat-in-chile-2004, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hola Lisa,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! Glad to hear that you learned a lot about Valparaiso in only two days! Our guides always know how to show their passion for the city and try their best to be entertaining and funny!
If you ever come back to Chile, our Wallys will welcome you again with open arms!

Saludos
Peter

Write a ReviewReviews (2,372)
All reviews
"three hours"
in 35 reviews
"informative tour"
in 27 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 29 reviews
in 21 reviews
"chilli"
in 85 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Even though it was raining the whole time I really enjoyed this tour. We were just 3 people plus our guide Leo. He speaks English very well so it was easy to understand him. I did the morning tour: Meeting point is Plaza Sotomayor at 10am, right in front of the big light blue building. You take a bus up to a mirador (bring some coins), you see the cultural center and the cemetery. I love Valparaiso because of the street art everywhere. It's a beautiful town, on every corner there's something new to see. I didn't have time to do the afternoon tour (3pm) but I think that's a good tour for the harbour and street art alleys.

1  Thank Blueberry S

Hey hey Blueberry S,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! I'm glad that you enjoyed the beautiful sides of Valparaiso in spite of the bad weather!
Feel free to come back anytime!

Cheers

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The greatest way to explore Valparaiso! A big shout out to our guide Nati, she studied history and is a storyteller, the perfect ingredients to be an amazing guide. This tour is definitely a must do for every tourist in the city.

Peter Murphy L, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hola Heleen,

Thank you so much for this nice review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Valparaiso! Nati is indeed perfect when it comes to telling the history of the city she loves and explaining its particularities!

Hope to see you again in Chile
Saludos

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I took the afternoon tour at 3pm. It was super interesting and Nati did a great job! You could feel her passion for history and love of Valpariaso. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who's staying in the Valpo/ Viña del Mar area.

1  Thank Adrianna S

Hey hey Adrianna!

Thanks a lot for this great review and for recommending us! All of our guides indeed know how to share their passion and love for their city and make an entertaining and informative tour!
Feel free to come take another tour with us if you come back to Chile!

Cheers,

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We did the tour 2 years ago and found it informative and good value. So we did it again yesterday finding ourselves back in one of our favourite Chilean towns. Leonardo was great and we enjoyed it all again. Tour starts at 10am so you might want coffee first. Avoid places on Plaza Sotomayer and find 504 around the corner on Serrano. They open at 8am and their coffee is awesome.

Peter Murphy L, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Hi Jacque,

Thanks so much for this great review! I'm glad to hear that you didn't forget about us after 2 years and enjoyed the tour as much as the first time!
You're right, it's always easier to start the day with a good cup of coffee! I'm sure your recommendations will help a lot of future travelers!
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback! If you are still traveling Chile (or plan to come back again ;) ), don't miss out on our walking tours in Santiago and San Pedro de Atacama.

All the best,