“Gourmet but not for me....so far”
Review of La Mision

La Mision
Ranked #28 of 5,103 Restaurants in Santiago
Description: La Mision is a Wine Bar and Restaurant inspired by America as a viticultor continent. A meeting place for tourists and local wine lovers. Located in one of the most chic neighborhoods in the city! Wine Bar gastronomy is based on cold meats, cheeses and oysters. The restaurant has a cuisine of autor. The wine list has 250 labels per bottle and 21 by the glass.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The presentation is immaculate and this place is chic. Modern decor and the place has it going. Had squash soup and it was good . Tried the red deer burger and there was certainly flavor but it missed for me; the ground beef had imperfections? Could not decide on a dessert as the combination were not appealing. I live for gourmet, this time it was not a good find. I will try again as every tu looks promising.

Romina M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mision, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Client,

We appreciate your sincerily opinion, and we hope to surprise you next time.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This used to be my favorite restaurant in Santiago. Food and wine are great. However, as a single diner (gringo) who has frequented this restaurant solo and with groups, my recent experience this evening was bad. I had a reservation for a Friday evening at 8 PM. When I arrived (early), I was offered a seat at the bar or in the smoking section where one other diner was smoking cigars and cigarettes - even though the main section of the restaurant was empty and remained empty until i finished and left. Eating in a fog of smoke was not good. This restaurant is good but EXPENSIVE. I don't think that single diners should be discriminated against and because of my experience I cannot recommend this restaurant for singles - too bad.

Romina M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mision, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Alan,

We are very sorry your experiencie this time wasn´t the one you expected. There where no intention on discriminating you, we just thought you'll be more comfortable at the bar or at the terrace as it was early. We gave you a table inside with no hesitate when you asked for it. Still, we will train our staff better so you don´t have this bad experiencie again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is excellent! From appetizer to dessert everything was succulent. The hostess received us with complimentary local sparkling wine and the staff was very friendly and had very precise wine paring with each dish. If you are around Santiago for leisure or even business I totally recommend trying it out. The food presentation is beautiful and flawless, but most of all the food is very good!

Romina M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mision, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hello Paradire - seekin,
We appreciate your comments about our restaurtant and we are very happy you had enjoy it.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I must say this is a highly recommended restaurant in my opinion. Very well located and nice locale. But the true wonders of this place is the food had the wild boar and steak and it was superb. A coffee puree was also superb

Excellent selection of wines though I would skip the flights and just order nice bottle of wine, the flight selections weren't to my expectations but once we did order a nice blend it all went perfect with the meal selection

Romina M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Mision, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Gustavo,

We really appreciate your comments about our Restaurant and you should know our wild board is the most famous dish at La Misión.
According to your opinion of the flight, we decide it is a good option for those who whant to try a good variety and they appreciate that.

We will be pleased to receive you again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

La Mision has a very limited food menu with a lot of items that are "foreign" to american taste. We struggled to find dishes that we cared to order. The service was attentive and the food was good but not great. They have an outdoor dining area which would have been very nice except that smoking was permitted.
The wine choices were excellent and the prices were fair.

1  Thank stevenhill1

Dear Client,

Thank you for your comments, we are aware our food it is very different, but always on high standar.
We are very sorry you could´t be at our other terrace were is a non smoking area, because we always give people the chance to choose the place according to the availability. We apologize for that.