1,193 results
All reviews room service classic hotel wifi access excellent location chilli refrigerator bathtub television
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

With the hotel name and location we expected much more. Reservation desk always backed up and very slow and super unfriendly ( note was note prime season). Staff unable to help with our limited Spanish ( I know we are in your country but other properties, outfitters and restaurants eagerly help). They have no land lines to call from your room. Rooms are tired and they need serious remodeling including minibar. Asked for two box lunches ( part of room price) for early morning departure and only got one - figured that out two hours into bus ride. Highlight was room service staff and food delivered ( we did full day at volcano and rested). Property location is great and a staff upgrade, front desk upgrade and facelift would do it wonders.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
GHPPUCON, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Hotel Pucon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Elwaylovesme,
We deeply regret what happened and the lack of proper treatment on the part of our staff. We will work on this type of situation to prevent this error from recurring. We reiterate our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused.
Regarding the poor infrastructure, we can tell you that we are working on some improvements and effectively the modernization in some cases is urgent.
Best regards from Gran Hotel Pucón.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night and liked the hotel very much. Comfortable beds, WiFi access and good breakfast.
There is a pool there and access to the beach. Close to everything in the city centrum. Would live there again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
GHPPUCON, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Hotel Pucon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Viccian,
A pleasure to greet you. We are pleased to know that your stay has been a pleasure. We wait for you in your next visit to Pucón.
Best regards from Gran Hotel Pucón.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The only thing this hotel has got going for them is their location. It has a beautiful private beach and the rooms not facing the lake has a beautiful view of volcano.
It is easy to walk into town and check out the restaurants and the shops.

It is clear that the hotel does not place any priority in updating their physical structure.
Previous reviews that said the place is a little "worn" or "a little outdated" is truly being nice. The rooms are basically motel standards. A motel that is falling apart at that. I believe people still come because of the location and therefore the hotel doesn't see the need to update the inside.
For a big resort, the hotel staffs were not trained to cater to the international population. Some knew English, most didn't. One or two knew customer service, most didn't

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
GHPPUCON, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Hotel Pucon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear, we appreciate your time in leaving your opinion.

We cordially greet you from Gran Hotel Pucón.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at Gran Hotel Pucon.
Pros:
- staff was kind and helpful
- location was excellent (very close to the town and other attractions)
- buffet breakfast was good

Cons:
- very poor maintenance and the hotel looks extremely tired!
- rooms were very average and again in desperate need of renovations
- bathrooms were of a poor standard. Poor drainage of water in the bath tub and old tiles on the floor.

Overall, we would probably go to another hotel next time unless of course this hotel is renovated!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GHPPUCON, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Hotel Pucon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Tehani, thank you for highlight the friendliness of the staff, the location and the breakfast buffet. We tell you that we have presented the project of remodeling and modernization of the hotel.

We wait for you back in the Gran Hotel Pucón!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I booked a room at the Gran Hotel Pucon for one night online for around $55.00 as part of a planned excursion to Huerquehue National Park. I arrived in Pucon at 7:30 AM and after a very quick snack headed to bus that took me to the park, I returned to Pucon at around 6 PM and then walked to the hotel to check in, It took a bit of searching to locate my room situated in one of three condo buildings adjacent to the main hotel. The room had a small kitchen with a semi-functional refrigerator, a somewhat perplexing TV control system and no Wi-Fi. Well actually a Wi-Fi system appeared on my cell phone as list of available networks but after I entered the password I was given by the hotel I couldn't connect to the hotel system. After dinner in Pucon I found a suitable use for the bar of soap in the bathroom and used it to clean some of the most visible mud spots left on my denim pants from muddy park trails. I also washed the socks I wore to the park and after a thorough rinsing in the bathroom sink I hung the pants and socks outside on the balcony railing but moved them to the bathroom later in the evening due to a threat of rain and finished drying them with the hair dryer in the bathroom the next morning. My goal of a decent night's sleep was thwarted by noisy guests on my floor who were partying until early in the morning. The breakfast buffet was great and included in the price of the room.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear, Thank you for the time she has devoted to give us adetailed comment.

Warm Greetings from Gran Hotel Pucón!