“One of the most authentic HK Dim Sum!”
Review of Victor's Kitchen

Victor's Kitchen
Ranked #2,291 of 12,217 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Rochor
Description: Tucked in a cosy corner in Singapore's bustling Orchard district, Victor's Kitchen serves exquisite Hong Kong-style dimsum in a friendly kopitiam setting. Our chief chef, a Hong Kong transplant, moved to Singapore over 30 years ago with the intention of bringing authentic dimsum to our shores. He was previously a chef in Victoria Hotel, a five-star hotel in Hong Kong. Over the years, he has carefully incorporated his award-winning recipes in our wide variety of menu options, which have been taste-tested and consistently endorsed by our regular customers, magazine reviewers, and even local celebrities. Our motto is to continue to serve quality, delicious dimsum at affordable prices, giving you a taste of Hong Kong at your doorstep. At Victor's Kitchen, we persistently work to improve our recipes, and we are constantly evolving with our customers' tastes. Come visit us today!
Reviewed 26 December 2015

The food is awesome and really authentic! Nothing fancy or posh, but hey this is how true HK dim sum should be like! Avoid lunch time hours, this place is really popular for local.

A must try: liu-sha-bao, steam carrot cake and xiu mai

Reviewed 28 November 2015

The atmosphere is very lively and local. Don't expect fancy digs but do expect reasonable pricing. The staff are quite helpful and will remember you if you return more than once. Great dim sum and noodles but I recommend you order what you know, first, before trying something new. Not to miss - the homemade XO sauce and the egg custard tarts.

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

The food look sooo delicious and appetizing. Taste are good.... Boss seems to be a hongkie. Workers mostly aunties and they will hard sell their food. Environment and seats are limited and less spacious. But still okay.

Variety choices, crystal dumplings was good with full of vege. Very tasty sticky rice we ordered two. All others are quite standard and freshly made.

When I was there, I was thrilled cos I thought I found a good dim sum here in Singapore. But the after eaten effects at night was very thirsty... If you don't mind the msg, you can just drink more water after that.

I have suggested another similar dimsum place, check out my other reviews.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Victor's is near my workplace and we only come here during odd hours like 3pm on a weekday. It' is the only time one can get some elbow room and reasonably OK service. On a weekday lunch hour and all day Saturday, the place is packed to the brim with diners after yummy dim sum at reasonable price.

My favorites: radish cake with XO sauce, prawn dumpling, crispy prawn roll and until the decline of the bun quality - the egg yolk lava bun.

If you don't fancy sitting back to back, jostling for elbow space with your fellow diners and a slightly dirty eating place, getting and filling up your own order sheet and check, then this is a GO. But if you're like me who value good service, cleanliness and some elbow room to eat properly, you're better off coming in the odd hours or skipping this altogether for other places.

Reviewed 23 February 2015

Come here for lunch with friend and order the following

Prawn Dumpling (nice)
Polo Bun (the char siew is nice, but the bun itself not really nice, the topping should be sweeter and crispier)
Carrot cake (quite nice and a bit special as it is steamed and served in xo sauce that have fragrant smell and quite appetizing)
Teo chew style dumpling (my favourite from all the dishes from this restaurant. the dumpling quite special. it consist of mixed vegetables and fried peanuts that make the combination perfect)
Egg yolk lava bun (my 2nd best choice. the egg yolk have fragrant buttery smell)
Glutinous Rice (taste so so, chicken taste a bit weird)

Their way in serving hong kong milk tea is quite special. they serve the ice in a bowl and tea inside a plastic cup, so the tea taste nice because thicker and not diluted with the ice

The service is acceptable, not very efficient as the restaurant always packed and I have a bit unpleasant experience because they charge me double portion of egg yolk lava bun (I only order 1 actually) but I just realised later. Small matter but next time will be more careful