“Awesome cafe ,staff & food!”

The Malayan Council
Ranked #538 of 12,452 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighborhood: Little India
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

First time visit & was very impressed with the service & deco. Staff very friendly & food recommendation was spot on. We try the salted egg yolks linguine with soft shell crab & ondeh ondeh cake.... We loved both !! The ice lemon tea was very refreshing with fresh mint taste & finally we felt welcome & wanting to come again to try more foods on the menu. The only negative is, the foods are a bit pricey but the potion make the price worth it!

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

serving time was short,food taste wise not bad BUT for the dessert part i tell you they have the best so far i tastebud ever tasted !!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Checked the place out based on a friend's recommendation. Desserts were rate excellent but was disappointed that it didn't meet my expectations.
- Ondeh ondeh cake used preserved shaved coconut
- lopes cake was layered with too much whipped cream
- Dinner for 2 person would easily total up to S$100 (incl mains, drinks & dessert)
- entire shop smells of truffles. If you are not a fan, do request for table outside.
- service was slow
Overall experience, average & would need a lot of great reviews for us to go back.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Was craving for Ondeh-ondeh cake so I went all the way to this café. Before I took the cab, I called to check if that particular cake is available. The guy who answered said yes. I further asked if I could get the whole cake. He said I am not able to because to purchase the whole cake as I need to book at least 4 working days. Fair enough, I then asked if he could prepare 6 slice of Ondeh-ondeh cake and get it packed. He said purchases can only be made over the counter and no reservation allowed. When I reached there, the guy who answered my call happened to be at the counter. I told him that I want to purchase 6 slice of Ondeh-ondeh cake. He then checked his stocks opened the fridge twice and asked a lady before telling me that I could only purchase 2 slice of Ondeh-ondeh cake because the rest is reserved for the dining in customers. He told me alternatively I can purchase Lopez cake. Angry and frustrated because he did not tell me earlier, I still bought 2 slice of Ondeh-ondeh cake and 2 slice of Lopez cake but for sure is that I will never come back again!

1  Thank rohaidakarim
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We were here because we were intrigued by the Asian-Western cuisine, and we were not disappointed.

All 7 of us tried something different. My favourite had to be the smoked duck cili padi fettucine. Pretty succulent duck slices. The beef rib with roti kirai was equally good -- really big serving and a big price tag to match. If you are a small eater, consider sharing. My husband ordered steak with masak merah gravy and gado2 salad. Don't expect the same kind of gravy you get with your typical ayam masak merah, or your typical gado2. This is quite different. The gado2 salad was rather spicy to me (and I like spicy food), and the meat was unfortunately a little tough, not juicy.
We ended our meal with dessert: the ondeh2 cake was yummy, but I enjoyed the lopes cake more.

There is limited seating, so it's best to make reservations. Kudos to Hafiz for making us feel welcomed.
We'll be back.