“Perfection - as expected”
Review of Odette

Odette
Ranked #22 of 11,949 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$88 - US$268
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Located at the iconic National Gallery Singapore, Odette is Chef Julien Royer's maiden effort as Chef-Owner and The Lo & Behold Group's first fine dining establishment. At Odette, the world is our backyard. We've worked with some of the world's best boutique producers to bring you Modern French cuisine that is guided by Royer's lifelong respect for seasonality, terroir and artisanal produce. Named in loving tribute to Royer's grandmother, Odette celebrates the people who grow our produce, the people who cook our food, the people who serve and the people who allow us to serve them.
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We have been to plenty of hatted restaurant in Australia, and this was our first (2) Michelin star experience and it was everything that we expected. I would recommend when you are booking to request the table in front of the kitchen, its great watching the chef's at work, and you also get a sneak peak of what is to come. All the food was packed full of flavour, standout dishes were the Hokkaido Uni - the langoustine tartare - so beautiful; the colourful Heirloom Beetroot Variation; the Wild Atlantic Turbot and the Lemon Tart. The chef also came out and served one of the dishes, which is a great touch. It is the most expensive restaurant we have ever been to, but worth every cent.

1  Thank jodij17

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Not often do we go to a fine dining restaurant without some clear understanding of the chefs philosophy. Odette was the exception and we came with open minds, clear palates and were wowed from start to finish.
The menus we were informed change regularly so don’t bother looking up what others ate. My advice: go, be delighted and when you go to write a review your memories will bring yet another smile to your recollections.
Fussy eaters are welcome, the wine list is extensive and there are many small vineyards to choose from. A delight.

3  Thank scottbK8616BN
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was the perfect location for the celebration of our 11th anniversary! We loved how the dishes were lovingly curated and artistically presented, most befitting of its location at the National Art Gallery Singapore!

The Manager and staff went out of their way to wish us a happy anniversary and even presented a surprise anniversary dessert for us...

Would highly recommend this to anyone who wishes to have a memorable dining experience to celebrate a special occasion!

2  Thank Shalom2218
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

First this a nice, large, airy and soothing room. The service is excellent. Informative but not condescending as I found restaurant Andre.

We had the 8 course menu with the optional cheese and the wine pairings.

First on the cheese. I am not much of a dessert person so it would be a nice option to have cheese instead of the pre dessert and dessert instead of having to pay an additional 30 dollars.

The 8 courses although each course by itself is small ends up being a lot with the added extras. And at 4 hours to complete the meal, make sure you go with someone you know you like as with an average of 20 to 30 minutes between courses there is a lot if talking time.

The food is all beautifully presented and most of it was excellent but with so many courses not everything was as wonderful as it looked.

I loved the scallops, the foie gras dish, the turbot, the pigeon and the cheese dishes. The bread is also excellent. And if this had been my meal I would have been raving about it. Everything was excellent. Beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The mushroom tea amuse bouche was also delicious.

The other dishes were ok or nice and, in the case of the much vaunted slow cooked egg, it’s arrival at the table was spectacular but was only OK. The sea urchin, beetroot, the unnecessary pre dessert and dessert didn’t hit the same heights as the dishes above for me.

The wines were also a bit mixed. Some fantastic, some less so.

Overall it was a very good experience with some truly outstanding food but with so much on offer it is no surprise that some didn’t quite make it.

In terms of dress code. The woman were all very well dressed. The men including myself mixed. Some in jackets or suits, myself in jeans and s polo shirt. I even saw a couple of pairs of Trainers which I liked as it added a less formal atmosphere to the fine dining experience which can sometimes be a little stuffy.

Again it was very good but at 1300 dollars for Teo was quite pricy. Glad I went but may be a while before I return.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 19 April 2018

It has been far too long for me to write this review but better late than never. Outstanding restaurant with probably the best chef in town.

2  Thank lemons78