“This one will NOT survive the competition”
Review of Watanabe Coffee

Watanabe Coffee
Ranked #60 of 351 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will be very upfront: This one will NOT survive the competition.

The cooking is totally unworthy of anything. Seriously, they can't even cook rice. The good, Japanese short-grained rice was served to us mushy and mashed. The chicken chop was tasteless! - how wrong can you go with chicken chop?

The portions were miserable. The price was astronomical. Well, given that the food quality was rather unmentionable, any price would have been unworthy.

The only saving grace was the courteous staff - though, I wished they behaved more professionally - bantering with each other while I was waiting to pay?

All in all, Quality - No. Quantity - No. Value for Money - No. It was a miserable experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Working in F&B needs to have a good food and a good service. This cafe needs to train their staffs. The staff my husband and I had encountered with was harsh. The way she served our food and the way she took orders from old couples beside us was unacceptable. No bad mouthing please... If you dont like what youre doing, get another job you will enjoy and stop your nonsense behavior.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to order a matcha soft serve and it’s out of stock. I wanted to order a chocolate and vanilla soft serve and it’s also out of stock. They are a Japanese cafe and they have no soft serve?!!!!!

I wanted a Japanese matcha parfait and they told me that they ran out of vanilla ice cream. If I change it to chocolate or matcha ice cream, I have to TOP up $2?? I’m left with no choice if I want a Japanese matcha parfait. Why is the management penalizing client if they cannot even fulfilled the order? The staff agreed that it is a weird policy but he said he is just a part-timer. Very professional excuse indeed.

This establishment will close down in no time with such complacent management.

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Terrible...flavorless, ice crystals and lousy, watery chocolate sauce. Go to McDonalds upstairs for soft serve.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Very nice cafe with table service. Quite a lot of choices on the breakfast menu. Good service although we had to chase up one of our meals. But the staff got into it quickly. Would recommend the Watanabe Coffee cafe.